Fermented Vegetable Brown Rice Sushi. Assemble your sushi station: Include a cutting board, a sharp knife, a bamboo mat (or cloth towel), a bowl with water, rice, nori sheets, and the vegetables. Vegan brown rice sushi is perhaps very unorthodox, but it's just as delicious as traditional sushi rolls yet more nutritious and filling. They are also way less fussy as brown rice isn't as delicate a beast as sushi rice and does not require a lifetime of rinsing and fanning 😉.
Brown rice that has been soaked cooks much faster, so keep an eye. Originally, when the fermented fish was taken out of the rice, only the fish was consumed and the fermented rice was discarded. Vegetarian sushi can be made year-round with whatever vegetables are in season. You can cook Fermented Vegetable Brown Rice Sushi using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fermented Vegetable Brown Rice Sushi
- It’s 1 cup of brown sushi rice.
- It’s 2 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 splash of Mirin.
- You need 1 splash of brown rice vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of fermented vegetables of your choice (homemade or shop bought).
- It’s 1 of sprinkle Aonori seaweed.
- You need 2 sheets of Nori seaweed.
- It’s 1 of sprinkle of furikake (homemade or shop bought).
- You need 1 splash of tamari or ponzu to serve (optional).
- You need of Pickled ginger and wasabi to serve (optional).
To get started, all you need are a couple of tools and a few basic ingredients. Sure, brown rice is better for you than refined white rice. But if you cringe when you see it on sushi, there's good reason behind that, and it's rooted in But in modern times, making the perfect sushi roll means balancing the flavors and textures of the rice on the outside and the fish, vegetable, or egg on. Easy brown rice sushi recipe with mango, cucumber, avocado, and micro greens.
Fermented Vegetable Brown Rice Sushi instructions
- Wash the sushi rice under running water. Add the rice to the pan and bring the water to the boil. Reduce heat, cover with a lid and simmer for 35 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow to steam for a further 10 minutes. If you feel that the water has absorbed, turn off the heat a little earlier rather than burn it to the bottom. Season the sushi rice with a splash of mirin and rice wine vinegar to your taste..
- Using a sushi mat, place one sheet of nori and spread with rice. I used 2/3 of a sheet. Carefully place a line if your fermented vegetables along the middle and roll using the mat to keep it tightly together. Slice the ends to neaten, then into equally sliced portions. Repeat..
- Serve with some extra fermented vegetables, tamari or ponzu dipping sauce, ginger, wasabi or other sushi condiments..
Serve with spicy sriracha mayo and soy sauce for dipping! Vegetable Cauliflower Rice + Quinoa Sushi – Simply Quinoa. Short grain brown rice, avocado, red bell pepper, and alfalfa sprouts are rolled in nori seaweed sheets for a delicious vegetarian sushi roll. Pick up the edge of the bamboo rolling sheet, fold the bottom edge of the sheet up, enclosing the vegetables, and tightly roll the sushi into a thick cylinder. This rice bowl is chock-full of delicious vegetables and hearty enough to make a satisfying lunch or dinner.