Soboro Mixed Inari-zushi. In Japan, when we make Inari-zushi, that is Sushi Rice wrapped in seasoned Abura-age (Thin Fried Tofu), we often mix some extra ingredients with Sushi Rice. Inarizushi is a much loved favourite at many sushi restaurants – it consists of a deep fried, soft The second topping is meat soboro, a savory mix of pork, ginger and soy sauce. Inarizushi is named for the Shinto god Inari, and is a common type of sushi also known as "brown bag sushi" because of its golden fried tofu pouch. • Inarizushi is a kind of sushi or rice ball.
Soboro is a streusel topping that is found on many different Korean breads that are filled with custard, red bean, whipped cream and more but soboro ppang is the golden standard. Just a plain but delicious sweet soft bun with crumbles on top. It's also one of my favorites as a basic but always on point. You can cook Soboro Mixed Inari-zushi using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Soboro Mixed Inari-zushi
- You need 2 cups (180 ml) of cup) Japanese Short Grain Rice.
- Prepare 50 ml of Rice Vinegar.
- It’s 40 g of (about 40ml) Sugar.
- Prepare of Slightly less than 1 teaspoon (4g) Salt.
- You need 1 of Egg *whisked.
- It’s 125 g of Chicken Mince OR Pork Mince.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of grated Ginger.
- It’s 5 cm of Carrot *cut into small pieces.
- You need 1 of Shiitake *cut into small pieces.
- It’s 1 handful of Baby Spinach.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Sugar.
- You need 2 teaspoons of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 12 pieces of ‘Inari-zushi no Moto’ (Seasoned Abura-age).
- Prepare of *If you want to cook Abura-age by yourself, here is the list of the ingredients.
- Prepare 6 sheets of Abura-age (thin fried tofu).
- Prepare 1 cup of Dashi.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of Mirin.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of Sugar.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of Soy Sauce.
Inarizushi is one of our traditional dishes. Inarizushi looks more colorful when you put scrambled eggs and chicken soboro on top of the rice. Made of vinegared rice tucked inside deep-fried tofu pockets, Inari Sushi is the easiest sushi to make at home. Tasty, filling and addicting, Inari Sushi are fast and easy to make and can be enjoyed at any time of the day.
Soboro Mixed Inari-zushi step by step
- If you use ready-to-use 'Inari-zushi no Moto', I recommend to empty the contents into a saucepan to heat, then cool. You can alter the flavour by adding more soy sauce or sugar..
- If you cook by yourself, cut Abura-age in half and open them carefully. Pour very hot water over the Abura-age to remove oil from them. Place all ingredients in a saucepan and cook Abura-age until the sauce thickens. Let them cool in the sauce..
- Cook Rice with slightly less amount of water to achieve firmer texture. Make Sushi Vinegar by mixing Rice Vinegar, Sugar and Salt..
- When Rice is cooked and steamed, pour the Sushi Vinegar over the HOT rice, then empty it into a large mixing bowl. Mix it well gently and thoroughly, fanning the rice with a fan or piece of cardboard to help the rice cool quickly. Cover the Rice with a damp cloth to stop the Rice drying out..
- Heat a small amount of Oil in a frying pan over low heat, cook Egg into firm and fine scrambled egg. Add to the Rice..
- Cook Mince, grated Ginger, Carrot and Shiitake over medium heat. When cooked, add Baby Spinach, season with Sugar and Soy Sauce. Mix with the Rice and Egg..
- Lightly squeeze the seasoned Abura-age, carefully open the bags, and fill the bags with the rice mixture..
In this recipe, I'll show you how to make classic inari sushi with a delicious touch. Pour the sushi vinegar and mix sesame seeds in the sushi rice. Pour the sushi vinegar on the sushi rice and mix only! It is very easy to make. Add the aburage and cook over medium heat, stirring from time to time, until well flavored; remove from heat and let cool.