Decorated Sushi Cake. In Japan, there is a type of Sushi called 'Oshi-zushi', that is made by pressing Sushi Rice and Toppings into a special mould, then it is cut into bite sized pieces to serve. This cake is ideal for anyone who loves a california roll! The cake is wrapped in fondant and then decorated with with sprinkles and fondant to look like the real thing.
Chirashi Sushi Cake: "Chirashi sushi" roughly translates to "scattered sushi," which is basically a mixture of sushi ingredients. Though this recipe calls for premade "Sushi Taro" Chirashi Sushi Mix. Decorating This Sushi Cake: Stack and frost cake layers on a greaseproof cake board, using a dab of white frosting to help stick the first cake layer to the board. You can cook Decorated Sushi Cake using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Decorated Sushi Cake
- You need of <Sushi Rice>.
- It’s 3 cups (180 ml) of cup) Japanese Short Grain Rice.
- Prepare 75 ml of Rice Vinegar.
- You need 4 tablespoons of Sugar.
- It’s 1 of & 1/4 teaspoons Salt.
- You need of <Filling>.
- You need of Canned Tuna (185g can) & Japanese Mayonnaise.
- It’s 1/2 of Avocado *sliced.
- It’s of *Other Suggestions: Chicken Soboro (find my recipe), Salmon Flakes, Scrambled Egg, Teriyaki Chicken, etc.
- It’s of <Topping>.
- You need 3 of Eggs *finely scrambled.
- You need of Sliced of Ham.
- You need of Carrot *sliced and blanched in salted water.
- It’s of Cucumber.
- You need of Sliced Cheese.
- It’s of *Other Suggestions: Smoked Salmon (formed into Rose flowers), Thin Omelet (thinly cut into noodles), Cooked Prawns, Snow Peas, Sugar Snap Pea, Asparagus, Broccolini, Cucumber, etc.
Add an even layer of the uncolored white. This cake is ideal for anyone who loves a california roll! The cake is wrapped in fondant and then decorated with with sprinkles and fondant to look like the real thing. We call them "Sushi Cakes" these days, but originally they were called "Oshi-sushi." You may think it's difficult to make, but actually it's quite easy!
Decorated Sushi Cake instructions
- When you cook Rice for sushi, cook with slightly less amount of water to achieve firmer texture. Basically you need same volume of rice and water. If you are using Rice Cooker, set the water level slightly lower than the mark. *Note: Wash rice well before cooking..
- Make Sushi Vinegar by mixing the ingredients together..
- Pour the Sushi Vinegar over the HOT rice, then empty it into a large mixing bowl. Mix it well gently and thoroughly, fanning the rice with a fan or piece of cardboard to help the rice cool quickly. Cover the rice with a damp cloth to stop the rice drying out..
- While Rice is cooking and cooling down, prepare other ingredients for Topping and Filling..
- Line a round cake tin (I used 21cm tin) with plastic food wrap. Fill it with 1/2 Sushi Rice evenly and press down. Arrange Filling ingredients on the rice, cover with remaining 1/2 Sushi Rice, and press down..
- Place a serving plate on the tin, and flip it over to transfer the Sushi Cake onto the plate. Remove the food wrap..
- Decorate it with Topping ingredients. Children are very creative and they will enjoy decorating the cake..
Just use a cake pan or any other deep dish, place. Introducing this awesome homemade sushi cake recipe, really easy and fun to make. This homemade sushi cake is incredible from so many aspects. Well, I like calling it a cake because it. Download Decorated sushi stock photos at the best stock photography agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock photos, images and pictures at reasonable prices.