California Rolls. A California roll or California maki is a makizushi sushi roll that is usually rolled inside-out, and containing cucumber, crab or imitation crab, and avocado. Sometimes crab salad is substituted for the crab stick, and often the outer layer of rice in an inside-out roll (uramaki). Most versions of California Roll include crab and avocado.
Learn how to make this popular sushi roll that is filled with fresh avocado, crab meat and Japanese mayo. Doing A Give Away (Free Sushi Knife!)- All you Have to do Is Subscribe, Like and comment saying done! How to make delicious California rolls. You can cook California Rolls using 14 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of California Rolls
- You need 6 cups of sushi rice.
- Prepare 9 Oz of cooked crab meat.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of Japanese mayonnaise.
- It’s 1/2 of English cucumber.
- Prepare 2 of avocados.
- You need 1/2 of lemon.
- You need 8 sheets of Nori (Seaweed).
- It’s 1/4 cup of white sesame seeds (roasted).
- You need of for toppings :-.
- Prepare of Ikura (Salman roe).
- It’s of Tobiko(flying fish roe).
- Prepare of Vinegar water for dipping hands(Tezu).
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 tsp of rice vinegar.
Grabbing both nori and the mat, roll the mat over the filling so the extra space at the bottom touches the other side. A California roll is a fresh take on traditional Japanese rice rolls. Filled with avocado, crab, and cucumber, it's fresh and crunchy and makes a filling meal. You can use real or imitation crab.
California Rolls step by step
- Gather all the ingredients..
- Prepare the feelings. Combine the crab meat with Japanese mayonnaise and mix together.
- Cucumber- peel and remove seeds and cut into thin long strips same length as the Nori sheet.
- Avocado – peel pit and cut into 1/4" thick slices squeeze the lemon juice over the avocados to prevent Browning..
- Nori sheet – cut off 1/3 and use 2/3 of nori..
- Cover the bamboo mat with plastic wrap and prepare vinegar water for dipping hands.
- Lay a nori sheet Shiny side down on the bamboo mat. wet your hands with Teju and spread one cup of rice evenly on to the Nori sheet.
- Sprinkle the rice with sesame seeds or Tobiko.
- Turn the Nori sheet over so that the rice is facing down. line the edge of Nori sheet at the bottom of the bamboo mat. place the cucumber crab meat and avocado at the bottom of the Nori sheet.
- Grab the bottom edge of the mat while keeping the filling in place with your fingers roll it into a tight cylinder tucking the filling in firmly.
- Lift the edge of bamboo mat slightly and roll it farward while keeping gentle pressure on the mat.
- Now Sprinkle ikura on the roll.
- With the very sharp knife cut each roll in half and then cut each half into three pieces. Remember to clean the knife with the samp cloth after every few cuts..
California Rolls – American-Style Sushi Rolls. Making California Rolls at home is easy to do. I did a large amount of reading on how to make sushi rolls before attempting my first ones. The origin of the California roll is highly debatable. Some say it was invented in Los Angeles, while others claim it was actually invented in Canada.