Marinated Tuna Sashimi Rice Bowl. Make a delicious sashimi tuna rice bowl from scratch using an umami-rich marinade to really bring out the flavor with our recipe. Maguro zuke don is a simple yet umami-packed easy meal. "Zuke" means to marinate and "don" is short for donburi, which means rice bowl. The Best Tuna Sashimi Recipes on Yummly
Salmon and Tuna sashimi cubes ready for Korean Rice Bowl (Hoedeopbap). Rinse vegetables and cut them into thin strips or slices. In a bowl, add rice and top generously with sliced greens. You can have Marinated Tuna Sashimi Rice Bowl using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Marinated Tuna Sashimi Rice Bowl
- It’s 100-150 g of Tuna Sashimi.
- Prepare 1 of serving Freshly Cooked Short Grain Rice *OR Sushi Rice.
- Prepare 1/2 sheet of Nori (Seaweed Sheet) *toasted, torn into small pieces.
- You need of Toasted Sesame Seeds.
- You need 1/2 of Spring Onion *finely chopped.
- Prepare of Wasabi.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Soy Sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of Mirin.
- You need of <Marinade>.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of Sake (Rice Wine).
Today's sashimi tuna is served in quite a different way. The sashimi is sealed with boiling water first, then marinated in soy sauce flavour before slicing. With a white trim around each slice, and semi-transparent dark red meat in the centre, Marinated Sashimi Tuna looks very attractive. Spicy tuna donburi, or don, is a Japanese dish where spicy tuna is served atop a bowl of steamed rice.
Marinated Tuna Sashimi Rice Bowl instructions
- Cut the block of Tuna into 7-8mm thick slices if not sliced yet. Combine the marinade ingredients in a bowl, add Tuna slices and marinate for about 20 minutes..
- Note: Mirin and Sake are alcoholic. You may wish to boil the marinade first. Make sure the marinade is cool when you add Tuna..
- Half fill a bowl with freshly cooked Short Grain Rice (*OR Sushi Rice), scatter 1 tablespoon of the marinade over the rice, cover with Nori, then place the marinated Tuna slices..
- Sprinkle with Spring Onion and Toasted Sesame Seeds, and top with some Wasabi..
This dish is quite popular at Japanese restaurants in the West and it can also be found in the deli section of many Japanese grocery stores. Spicy tuna don is just one of many different types of. Whip up Chef John's spicy tuna rice bowl in a flash for a meal that's as easy as it is comforting and delicious. While rice is cooking, place tuna into a large mixing bowl and break up with your hands or a fork. Make Tekka Don at home with sashimi grade tuna marinated in soy sauce, sake, and mirin served over rice, garnish with sesame seeds and nori.