Easy Chirashi-zushi with Edamame. Tous Entrées Sashimi Uramaki Sushi Dragon sushi Futomaki Nigiri Gunkan Maki sushi Chirashi Assortiments Boissons Temaki sushi Desserts. Easy Sushi – Chirashi Bowl （ちらし寿司丼）. *Amazu (sweet vinegar) for pickling vegetables (carrot, turnip, radish, red bell pepper). no need to pickle cucumber, "boiled" edamame and green peas. SUSHI: Chirashi-Zushi made with Love – Dig More Japan.
Learn how to make this quick and easy recipe! Chirashi Sushi (we say Chirashizushi in Japan) is a bright and colorful sushi that the Japanese eat on happy occasions. Seven Easy Japanese Dishes to Try at Home. You can have Easy Chirashi-zushi with Edamame using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Chirashi-zushi with Edamame
- It’s 3 cups of (*180ml cup) Japanese Short Grain Sushi Rice.
- You need 1/2 of Carrot *sliced, blanched in salted water.
- You need 1/2-1 of Cucumber *thinly sliced, slightly salted.
- Prepare 40 g of Dried Shiitake *cooked Sweet Soy Broth (Suger 1 : Soy Sauce 2 : Mirin 1).
- It’s 1 cup of Edamame *cooked, removed from pods.
- It’s of Snow Peas.
- You need 4 of Eggs.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Oil.
- You need of Nori & Toasted Sesame Seeds *optional.
- You need of <Sushi Vinegar Ingredients>.
- Prepare 72 ml of Japanese Rice Vinegar.
- Prepare 60 g of Sugar *slightly less 1/4 cup.
- You need 1 of & 1/4 teaspoons Salt.
We hope you love the products we recommend! Chirashi zushi means "scattered sushi": sushi rice spread on a plate and artfully decorated with seafood, vegetables, crêpe-thin fried egg and other For chirashi zushi, impeccable ingredients are a must. When selecting your fish and seafood make sure you get sashimi-grade so you know it's as. "Chirashizushi" is known as scattered sushi and is served on plates or bowls with colorful toppings. It's often cooked for celebrating special occasions, such as festivals and birthdays.
Easy Chirashi-zushi with Edamame instructions
- Cook Rice with slightly less amount of water to achieve firmer texture. When Rice is cooked, allow it to steam for 10 minutes..
- Make 'Sushi Vinegar' by mixing Rice Vinegar, Sugar and Salt. Pour it over the HOT cooked rice, then empty it into a large mixing bowl..
- Mix it well gently and thoroughly, fanning the rice with a fan or piece of cardboard to help the rice cool quickly. Quick cooling gives a glossy texture to the rice..
- Cover the rice with a damp cloth to stop the rice drying out..
- Prepare other ingredients for mixing and topping..
- Place thinly sliced Cucumber into a bowl, add Salt and massage, then rest for a while. Squeeze the Cucumber to remove excess water..
- Soak the Dried Shiitake in cold water until soft, drain and slice thinly. (OR use already sliced Dried Shiitake.) Place in a sauce pan, add just enough water to cover, 1 tablespoon Sugar, 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce & 1 tablespoon Mirin, cook for 20 minutes or the broth is thickened. Set aside to cool and squeeze slightly to remove excess liquid..
- Heat small amount of Oil in a frying pan and cook Eggs to make firm & dry scrambled egg. Transfer to a plate..
- Carrot and Snow Peas need to be blanched in salted water. Do not over cook..
- Mix Sushi Rice, Cucumber, Edamame and Shiitake to combine..
- Finally decorate with toppings..
You can use your favorite sushi toppings. Chirashi sushi or chirashi zushi (vinegared rice with pieces of raw fish and other ingredients arranged on top) is a perfect spring time dish. Vinegar is good for your body, and the colorful ingredients on top make this a feast for the eyes. Contents Chirashi zushi or scattered sushi is a delicious form of sushi that's less familiar outside Japan. It is fast to make and full of delicious fresh flavours.