Veg Sushi with leftover rice. Reheat the leftover sushi rice in a microwave and keep aside. Heat milk in a pan, bring to boil and then simmer. I hope you enjoy preparing these delicious dishes with leftover sushi rice and reduce.
In a small pot over medium heat, add the rice vinegar, sugar, and salt and whisk to combine. Bring to a boil and continue whisking until the salt and sugar have dissolved. If you are anything like me you probably hate throwing away perfectly good food. You can have Veg Sushi with leftover rice using 20 ingredients and 24 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Veg Sushi with leftover rice
- Prepare 1 cup of leftover or cooked rice.
- You need 2 of medium sized Potatoes.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Chilli flakes.
- You need 1 tablespoon of chopped Coriander leaves.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of black Sesame seeds.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 piece of Butter paper/baking sheet.
- You need 2 teaspoon of cooking oil to grease the butter paper+hand+knife.
- You need of For Stuffing.
- It’s 1 cup of red Lentil (masoor daal).
- It’s 1 of big chopped Onion.
- It’s 2 of chopped green Chillies.
- You need 2 tablespoon of chopped Coriander leaves.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Kasuri methi.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Cumin powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Coriander powder.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of Garam masala powder.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Cooing oil.
- You need of Salt as per taste.
You might be smart enough to calculate every last ingredient of your sushi night, or, you might be left out with a few pieces of fish and a bowl of sushi rice you stick back into the fridge not having any. Sushi rice and sticky rice are two different types of grains and have different textures and flavors. Sushi rice is a short grain rice from Japan that becomes sticky when prepared properly and is used for sushi and sashimi rolls. Store leftover rice in the fridge in an airtight container for up to one week.
Veg Sushi with leftover rice step by step
- Pressure cook the daal until soft and mussy with little water and salt..
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan and saute chopped onion and chopped green chillies for 2-3 minutes..
- When onions become light golden brown add the cooked dal..
- Stir well to mix in medium heat and add cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and salt (if needed)..
- Stir well and add kasuri methi and coriander leaves..
- Mix nicely with spatula, add chopped capsicum and remove from heat..
- Mix well and keep the mixture to cool..
- Now for the outer layer, take 1 cup of leftover rice to a mixer grinder..
- Take 2 boiled potatoes, peel, chop roughly and add to the grinder..
- Grind until the mixture becomes a soft dough..
- Transfer to a mixing bowl..
- Add garlic powder,chilli flakes, little salt and coriander leaves..
- Mix well with your hand (grease hand with little oil)to well incorporate..
- Clean your hand, take a butter paper/baking paper and brush with little oil..
- Now put the rice mixture to the greased paper..
- Grease your hand again and spread the mixture to make a thin rectangular sheet..
- Take lentil mixture and place over the rice sheet..
- Spread with your fingers to make a thin layer. Leave some spaces on edges empty..
- Now with the help of the butter paper, very carefully start rolling from one side..
- Continue to roll taking help of the paper to make a log(grease your hand before rolling)..
- Grease a knife and trim the sides of the sushi roll..
- Sprinkle some black sesame seeds on the top..
- Now with the greased knife slice the roll (1 inch thick)..
- Place each slice on a serving plate and serve as snack..
With fillings like eggplant, tofu, and sweet potatoes, vegetarian sushi is the best sushi! The flavor possibilities are endless, and if you aren't quite motivated to roll your own, you can easily make a sushi bowl. I hope these delicious vegetarian sushi recipes give you some great ideas so you can enjoy. With this healthy sushi rice recipe you can add fun and creativity to create other sushi flavors that you love! What about fusion style sushi or Sushi burritos are all the flavor of sushi with only half the finicking.