“Temari-Sushi” Ball-shaped Sushi. Celebrate happy occasions with these colorful ball-shaped Temari Sushi! Easily the prettiest sushi you can make at home. As you may have guessed, Temari Sushi was named after these.
Put a ball of sushi rice on top. Temarizushi, or Temari sushi, are small and ball-shaped sushi. Temari (literally means "hand ball" in English) is a traditional Japanese embroidered ball, which people used to play within Japan. You can cook “Temari-Sushi” Ball-shaped Sushi using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of “Temari-Sushi” Ball-shaped Sushi
- You need 300 g of Cooked Sushi Rice.
- Prepare of Avocado.
- You need of Tomato.
- It’s of Asparagus.
- It’s of Lemon.
- It’s of Tuna.
- Prepare of Salmon.
- It’s of Shellfish.
- It’s of Spanish mackerel.
Temari sushi – 手まり寿司 – or temarizushi – are round balls of sushi rice topped decoratively with ingredients like sashimi, vegetables, seaweed sheets and fish roe. Typically molded onto the iconic round shape using plastic wrap, they can be garnished as elaborately or as simply as you'd like. Temarizushi is usually cooked on happy occasions like becoming an elementary school student in Japan. Let's learn how to make colorful Temari sushi.
“Temari-Sushi” Ball-shaped Sushi instructions
- Place a plastic wrap, on top place fillings and 12g Sushi rice on top of fillings. Wrap them with a plastic wrap and lightly squeeze, that’s it, very easy, right ?.
- Same way, I made some for vegan. Sliced avocado, sliced cherry tomato, sliced and boiled asparagus this time..
- Decorate them with sliced lemon, green onion, grated ginger and plum. Bon Appetite !.
- Today's fishes, King salmon, Sockeye salmon, Blue fin tuna, Albacore tuna, Seared albacore tuna, Spotted prawn, Horse mackerel, Kinme-dai (Red snapper), Hirame (Flat fish), Tako (Octopus), Seared Miru-gai (Geoduck clam) and Hokki (Surf clam)..
- My cooking video are available on YouTube, you can search "Coozy Life" if you like I would love you to have "Subscribe" and "Thumbs Up". Your supports will encourage me to make more interesting recipes in the future..
Temari is a traditional Japanese embroidered ball, which people used to play within Japan. On a clean working bench, lay a sheet of plastic wrap and place the topping ingredient at the center. Wrap the plastic firmly to form a ball shape. Repeat for the remaining toppings and rice balls. Garnish the temari sushi with edible flowers or other seasonings to add more.