Smoked Salmon Chirashi-zushi. Enjoy Sushi Rice with the topping of Smoked Salmon, Avocado and Egg. This dish is so simple and easy to prepare, yet very delicious and beautiful. The smoked salmon roll consists of avocado, fresh sushi grade salmon and mascarpone filling wrapped in nori and cooked sushi rice topped with the best cut of smoked salmon.
When selecting your fish and seafood make sure you get sashimi-grade so you know it's as If you can, go to a fish market or a specialist seafood supplier. I like to use yellowfin tuna, Hiramasa kingfish, Tasmanian king salmon and short-spine sea. 'Chirashi' (ちらし) means scattered and 'zushi' (寿司) is the same word as 'sushi' (the sound changes when appended to another word). You could also use smoked salmon or tobiko (とびこ, flying fish roe), which is cheaper than salmon roe. You can cook Smoked Salmon Chirashi-zushi using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Smoked Salmon Chirashi-zushi
- You need of Sushi Rice (*Cooked from 180ml x 3 cups uncooked Rice).
- It’s 1 of Avocado.
- It’s 2-3 of Eggs.
- It’s 100 g of Smoked Salmon.
- It’s 1-2 of Spring Onion.
- Prepare of Shredded Nori.
- It’s of Roasted Sesame Seeds, Tobiko or Ikura *Optional.
- You need of <Mayonnaise Sauce Ingredients>.
- Prepare 2-3 tablespoons of Japanese Mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Rice Vinegar (or Lemon Juice).
- It’s of *Note: If you have Ponzu, replace Soy Sauce & Vinegar with the Ponzu.
The recipe is long, especially with photos inserted but the. Photo: Leo Gong; Styling: Robyn Valarik. Chirashi means "scattered" in Japanese and typically refers to a fast-to-make bowl of rice topped with vegetables and sashimi. In this case, the fish is broiled, not raw.
Smoked Salmon Chirashi-zushi instructions
- Cook Sushi Rice. See my 'Sushi Rice' recipe..
- Heat small amount of oil in a fry pan and cook Eggs to make firm scrambled egg. Transfer to a plate..
- Cut Avocado into small cubes, Smoked Salmon into bite size..
- Make Mayonnaise Sauce by mixing all the ingredients..
- Place the Sushi Rice on a plate and add some Avocado, Smoked Salmon and Scrambled Egg to decorate it..
- Place the Mayonnaise Sauce into a plastic bag, cut a bottom corner of the plastic bag to make a tiny hole, then squeeze the Sauce over the Sushi..
- Sprinkle with some finely chopped Spring Onion, shredded Nori and Roasted Sesame Seeds. If you have Tobiko (Flying Fish Roe) or Ikura (Salmon Roe), sprinkle some of them as well and they will make this dish very special..
Homemade attempt at chirashi: smoked salmon instead of sashimi, on Japanese zucchini and pearl rice. Through the Kitchen Window: Jiyu Gakuen – Salmon Chirashi-Zushi. Lay the salmon over the rice, followed by the chives and finally position the avocado across the centre. Salmon is a favourite almost everywhere on the Globe, but it is in Japan that you can enjoy in the most numerous manners! Like every other fish it has many names according to season and place: Shirozake/White Salmon, Akiaji or Akizake for Autumn Salmon, Shake in Tokyo.