Sushi Jewel Box for Hinamatsuri (Girl's Festival). Great recipe for Sushi Jewel Box for Hinamatsuri (Girl's Festival). I devised this recipe for my daughter, who doesn't like raw fish to celebrate Hinamatsuri. She loves crab sticks though, so it looks festive.
Pack down after putting the rice into the mold. See more ideas about Japanese party, Hina matsuri, Asian party. See more ideas about Hina matsuri, Girl day, Wagashi. You can cook Sushi Jewel Box for Hinamatsuri (Girl's Festival) using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sushi Jewel Box for Hinamatsuri (Girl's Festival)
- It’s of The photo shows a sushi cake made in a 17 x 8 x 6 cm mold. The amounts given here are just right for that size. Increase the amounts depending on the size of your mold..
- You need 10 stick of High-quality imitation crab sticks.
- It’s 6 of stalks Broccolini.
- It’s 6 tbsp of Ikura or tobiko (flying fish roe).
- It’s 2 of ✩ Egg.
- You need 1 pinch of ✩ Salt.
- You need 1/2 of plus Avocado.
- Prepare 1/3 of plus Cucumber.
- It’s 80 grams of plus ★ Canned tuna.
- You need 1 tbsp of ★ Mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 1/2 of to 2 rice cooker cups' worth Sushi rice.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of plus Toasted white sesame seeds.
Hinamatsuri or Girl's Day in Japan is celebrated with special foods, such as chirashi sushi, clam soup, and strawberry daifuku. What Is Japanese Girls' Day or Hinamatsuri? A day set aside to honour young girls, and to pray for their health and happiness, it is a traditional family celebration rather than a large public festival. See more ideas about Hina matsuri, Boys day, Japanese crafts.
Sushi Jewel Box for Hinamatsuri (Girl's Festival) step by step
- Mix the sesame seeds into the sushi rice (flavored as you like) and divide into 3 portions. Make kinshi tamago (shredded thin omelette) using the ✩ ingredients. Boil the broccolini in salted water. Slice the avocado..
- Finely julienne the cucumber. Drain the oil off the canned tuna and mix the ★ ingredients..
- Line a pound cake mold or similar with plastic wrap. Line the bottom with crab sticks. You could use an empty milk carton as a mold too..
- Add the ingredients in this order: 1/3 of the sushi rice, half the kinshi tamago, avocado, 1/3 of the sushi rice, tuna mixed with mayonnaise, cucumber, and the last 1/3 of the rice, pressing down well between each addition..
- Press well, then take it out of the mold by lifting the plastic wrap. Invert onto a plate and decorate with salmon caviar, broccolini and the remaining kinshi tamago. Decorate the perimeter with the rest of the broccolini..
- Top with more ikura, cherry tomatoes and so on to make it colorful..
- Cross section..
Hinamatsuri continues to be celebrated in Japan today. And all families with girls still celebrate this festival to pray for the happiness and growth of the girls. Today, dolls are floated out at sea. The Arizona Matsuri is an annual festival which celebrates Japanese culture and heritage, traditional and modern. The two-day event will be held at Steele Indian School Park in central Phoenix and features the sights and sounds of Japan, art, crafts, music, dance and much more.