Hina Matsuri Sushi Cake. Sushi Cake for Hinamatsuri 寿司ケーキの作り方 (ひな祭り レシピ) – OCHIKERON – CREATE EAT HAPPY. On this day, we set up hina dolls (hina-ningyo) since they are believed to protect girls from bad luck. Hishi Mochi (diamond shaped rice cake) is usually presented with hina dolls. ひな祭り シャトレーゼの雛飾りケーキ Hina-matsuri chateraise cake.
Matsuri Bina is a sister store of Hina Sushi where you can enjoy all-you-can-eat not only Sushi but also a la carte dishes which go well with Sake such as Salted Squid Guts and Fried Chicken. These colorful and beautiful sushi balls are called Temari Sushi, and they are perfect for celebrating Girl's Day! On Hinamatsuri, kids enjoy eating these rice crispy snacks called Hina Arare. You can have Hina Matsuri Sushi Cake using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hina Matsuri Sushi Cake
- It’s 14 cm of cake pan For the sushi rice:.
- It’s 1 of cut Grilled salmon.
- It’s 2 of eggs' worth Kinshi-tamago (thinly sliced omelet).
- It’s 1 of Shirasu (boiled and dried baby sardines).
- Prepare of Note: The ● ingredients are for the dolls.
- Prepare 2 of ●Quail egg.
- Prepare 2 of sheets ●Seasoned nori.
- Prepare 1 slice of ●Ham.
- It’s 1 dash of ●Cucumber.
- It’s 1 dash of of pink ●Kamaboko.
- You need 2 of ●Toothpicks.
- You need 1 of Thinly sliced salt-water boiled carrot (a small amount).
- Prepare 1 slice of Sliced cheese.
- It’s 1 of thinly sliced Cucumber, rubbed with salt.
- You need 3 slice of Smoked salmon.
- You need 1 of Salmon roe.
- You need 1 small of amount Denbu (sweet pink-colored semi-dried fish flakes).
Nowadays, many people also like to buy cakes to celebrate Hinamatsuri. I wanted to make a very colorful cake-style chirashi sushi for the Hinamatsuri festivities. The most iconic image of this event is the displaying of beautiful hina. According to an ancient Chinese belief you can transfer sin and misfortune to a doll.
Hina Matsuri Sushi Cake step by step
- [Preparation] Lightly rub the cucumber with salt, then wash. Boil the quail eggs and carrot in salt water. Make sushi rice (I use rice + powdered sushi vinegar). Prepare the kinshi tamago (thinly shredded egg omelet). Grill the salmon and flake it..
- Line the cake pan with plastic wrap, then layer the kinshi tamago, sushi rice, salmon and shirasu and then the sushi rice into the pan while lightly pressing down with each addition. If you line the pan with the plastic wrap, the sushi cake won't break easily, but if the shape starts to break apart, it's easier to adjust if you put plastic wrap on top..
- Cut the ● ham in half. Then, as shown in the picture, lay on top of the ham, hanging a bit over the edge (to make the overlaid collar). Wrap the quail egg up. If you use a little bit of water on the nori, it will hold it together. Make slits in the ham and nori on the left and right sides so that the "kimono" can flare out as though the doll is sitting (bottom part of the picture)..
- Lay out the decorating ingredients on a plate. [Flower] Use a straw as a cutter. [Roses] Make by wrapping up smoked salmon. [Dolls] Use toothpicks to secure the fans and crowns to the quail eggs. (When attaching them to the cake, you can push the toothpicks deep inside).
- Transfer the cake from Step 2 to a plate and remove the plastic wrap. Decorate with the ingredients from Step 4. Last, sprinkle the entire surface with the denbu to finish! There's no faces on the dolls, but if you like, it's fun to use nori to make the faces with your child!.
In order to remove it from your own body, you need to toss the doll into a river. Traditional Hina Matsuri dishes adhere to the same green, white, peach-pink and yellow color palette. Their dainty presentation originates from the While sushi is eaten year round, it is still considered a spring-appropriate food, so sushi in various forms is often served as part of a Hina Matsuri feast. Asian fusion restaurant in Mazatlán, Sinaloa. #sushi #sushi cake #dogs #Hina Matsuri #cooking. Don't worry, I've been there many times in my life.