Flower-Shaped Hina Matsuri Sushi Cake. Made using all natural ingredients, with some plum vinegar, nori seaweed, and seasoned sushi rice, these sushi rolls are a feast for the. Sushi Cake for Hinamatsuri 寿司ケーキの作り方 (ひな祭り レシピ) – OCHIKERON – CREATE EAT HAPPY. On this day, we set up hina dolls (hina-ningyo) since they are believed to protect girls from bad luck.
Hishi Mochi commonly consists of three layers: pink, white, and Then place the white Sushi rice and the Aonori Sushi rice one after another and flatten as well. Turn the cake pan upside down onto a plate to remove the rice. See recipes for Decorated Sushi Cake, Japanese Sushi Cake too. You can cook Flower-Shaped Hina Matsuri Sushi Cake using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Flower-Shaped Hina Matsuri Sushi Cake
- Prepare 360 ml of Uncooked white rice.
- It’s 100 grams of Salmon flakes (readymade).
- Prepare 3 of Eggs.
- It’s 7 of Snow peas.
- Prepare 50 grams of Salmon roe.
- Prepare 1 slice of Ham.
- You need 2 tbsp of Sushi vinegar.
I made this for my daughter who doesn't like raw fish or shiitake mushrooms. Hinamatsuri or Girls' Day in Japan is celebrated with special foods, such as chirashi sushi, clam When a baby girl is born, her parents or grandparents would buy a set of Hina Ningyo or they pass The miniature Hina Ningyo in the picture below was gifted by my friend from Osaka a long time ago. Hinamatsuri, the name of the celebration in Japan, is marked by families displaying a set of hina dolls in the house and serving special food delicacies that are ceremonially. The idea behind Hina Matsuri is to pray for a healthy and happy life for one's daughter(s), so it only makes sense that those "Hishimochi" (菱餅) are diamond-shaped rice cakes with exactly those three colors!
Flower-Shaped Hina Matsuri Sushi Cake step by step
- Rinse the rice, then cook the rice to a little firmer than usual. Use the line for "sushi" marked in your rice cooker..
- While the rice is cooking, mix the eggs with the ☆ seasonings and make scrambled eggs. Boil the snow peas (in water with a bit of salt), then thinly slice..
- Put the cooked rice into a large bowl or sushi oke (wooden bowl), add the sushi vinegar (2 tablespoons), and mix while cooling with a hand fan. Let cool..
- Use your hand to press half of the sushi rice into a mold, then top with the salmon flakes, then the remaining sushi, then the scrambled eggs. Press firmly..
- Last, remove from the mold and decorate the very top of the cake with the snow peas, salmon roe, and ham cut into flowers to finish..
Hina Matsuri Sushi Cake Japanese Sushi Rice Cakes Foods To Eat Sashimi Vegetable Dishes Food Art Cooking Recipes. · This sushi roll cake is perfect for any sushi lover! It's made with deliciously moist cake layers & is decorated to look just like a sushi roll. I made sushi cakes and some other treats for Hina Matsuri and celebrated with my best girl. We also had cucumber sandwiches, fish cakes (lol), castella cake with honey whipped cream and peaches, mochi and donut holes on skewers masquerading as dango. XD Some of our trees were even.