Sushi Cake For Hinamatsuri (Girl's Day Festival). Sushi Cake for Hinamatsuri 寿司ケーキの作り方 (ひな祭り レシピ) – OCHIKERON – CREATE EAT HAPPY. On this day, we set up hina dolls (hina-ningyo) since they are believed to protect girls from bad luck. Hishi Mochi (diamond shaped rice cake) is usually presented with hina dolls.
Hinamatsuri or Girls' Day in Japan is celebrated with special foods, such as chirashi sushi, clam soup, and strawberry daifuku. HINAMATSURI is a day to pray for the health and happiness of young…» It is hinamatsuri , or Girls' Day today. It's the time for families with girls to put out a set of ohina-sama (hina dolls) and place hin. You can cook Sushi Cake For Hinamatsuri (Girl's Day Festival) using 15 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sushi Cake For Hinamatsuri (Girl's Day Festival)
- It’s 840 grams of Hot cooked white rice.
- You need 3 tbsp of Powdered sushi rice mix.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ☆ Sugar.
- It’s 1 pinch of ☆ Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ☆ Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 pinch of ☆ Dashi stock granules.
- Prepare 2 small of cans Canned tuna (packed in water).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ★ Sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of ★ Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ★ Sake.
- Prepare 1 of Smoked salmon.
- It’s 6 of prawns Boiled and peeled shrimp.
- It’s 1 of Salmon roe.
- You need 1 of proper amount snow peas.
Families display their Imperial dolls on tiered platforms or in a case from early. Sushi Cake for My Daughter's First Girl's Festival (Hinamatsuri) (ひな祭り) – OCHIKERON. Hina matsuri is a traditional japanese festival held every year in March. It is beleived that both dolls, Empress and Emperor absorb all illness and bad spirits of young girls.
Sushi Cake For Hinamatsuri (Girl's Day Festival) step by step
- Mix the sushi rice mix into the rice to make sushi rice..
- Line the cake pan completely with plastic wrap. The container can be any shape; you can use tupperware if you'd like..
- Mix all the ☆ ingredients into the egg. Using a pot, cook scrambled eggs by continuously mixing it using 4~5 chopsticks..
- Drain the water from the tuna can. Add the ★ ingredients into a pot along with the tuna. Use chopsticks to cook until the moisture is gone..
- Lay out the scrambled eggs into the cake pan..
- Lay 1/3 of the sushi rice on top of the egg and press lightly..
- Lay the cooked tuna from 4 on top of 6 and add another 1/3 of the sushi rice. Even it out and press lightly..
- Place the smoked salmon on top of 7. Add the rest of the sushi rice on the salmon and press down lightly..
- Cover the opening of the cake with plastic wrap and let it settle. (You don't have to place a weight over it).
- Peel off the plastic wrap, and flip the sushi cake over onto a plate. Remove the cake pan..
- Wrap the extra smoked salmon into roses and decorate the cake with boiled snow peas, shrimp, and salmon roe..
- This is how it looks cut. It'll look like a 3 layer cake..
Japanese Rare old Hinamatsuri Girl's Day daimyo class Norimon (Japanese Covered Litter). One popular upcoming festival is Hinamatsuri, or "Girl's Day." Some people flock to Japan to experience a wonderful and unique hinamatsuri festival firsthand, but it is still possible to celebrate this joyous occasion from afar with some help from Bokksu's delicious assortment of Japanese snacks. Homemade sushi for the Japanese Doll Festival (Hinamatsuri). Platforms covered with a red carpet are used to display a set of ornamental dolls (雛人形 hina-ningyō) representing the Emperor, Empress, attendants, and musicians in traditional court dress of the Heian. On the day of Hinamatsuri, families get together and enjoy delicious traditional dishes such as, Chirashi-zushi (Sushi-rice topped with raw fish and other lucky ingredients), clam soup.