Two-Layer Sushi Cake For Celebrations with a Message. It is traditionally celebrated with chirashi sushi, which is also known as mixed or scattered sushi. Chirashi sushi is also referred to as bara sushi in. I made this for my husband's birthday.
Two layers of yellow cake are filled with pastry cream and topped off with a chocolate glaze. It is sure to be a favorite! Deep dark chocolate devil's food cake is topped with a fluffy marshmallow frosting making for one rich and delicious dessert. You can cook Two-Layer Sushi Cake For Celebrations with a Message using 12 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Two-Layer Sushi Cake For Celebrations with a Message
- You need 1 1/2 of rice cooker cups Sushi rice.
- You need 1 of Cheap salted salmon.
- You need 3 of For the scrambled eggs: Eggs.
- It’s 1 of For the scrambled eggs: Milk.
- You need 1 of Nori seaweed.
- You need 8 of to 9 pieces For decoration: Smoked salmon.
- Prepare 1/4 of is enough For decoration: Daikon radish.
- It’s 1 of to use as "leaves" For decoration: Snow peas.
- It’s 2 of For decoration: Quail eggs.
- Prepare 1 dash of For decoration: Potato salad.
- It’s 5 cm of is enough For decoration: Lotus root.
- Prepare 1 dash of For decoration: Salmon caviar (ikura).
This fun party cake was made with regular Funfetti cake mix and a few cheap and easy household ingredients. Sprinkle the top with a nice, thick layer of sweetened, shredded coconut, avoiding the very center. I even used a piece of the plastic grass from a real sushi order! Instead of ordering sushi, make your own sushi cake.
Two-Layer Sushi Cake For Celebrations with a Message instructions
- The sushi rice: Cook the rice, mix with sushi vinegar while it's still hot and set aside to let cool..
- Prepare the additional ingredients: Either grill or microwave a piece of salted salmon to cook it through. You can put it in the rice cooker and cook it along with the rice and take it out when both are done if you like..
- Mix the eggs and milk together, and make finely scrambled eggs (iri tamago) using just a little oil. You can cook it in a nonstick frying pan without any oil instead..
- Using two different sized molds or bowls or cups etc. for the cake, pack with the scrambled eggs → sushi rice → nori seaweed → sushi rice → cooked flaked salmon → sushi rice, in that order..
- Invert the two packed molds to form two layers. Place the smaller "cake" on the very edge of the bigger "cake"..
- Decorate: Slice the daikon radish thinly, sprinkle with salt and massage it in to tenderize it. Cut a slice for the cake message and leave it to soak for a while in sushi vinegar..
- Cut the smoked salmon into 5 to 6 cm pieces. Layer and roll them up into rose shapes. Spread out the outer 'petals' to make them look extra-voluminous..
- Roll the thinly sliced and salted daikon radish to make rosebuds. If the daikon radish is too thick or not squeezed out tightly enough it will be hard to roll!.
- Microwave the snow peas, slice in half diagonally and use as "leaves" around the roses..
- Make the mashed potatoes. Cook potatoes in the microwave and mash them up. Add salt, mayonnaise, milk, and a tiny bit of butter, and pass the mixture through a sieve..
- After passing the mashed potato mixture through a sieve, add some milk so that it's the consistency of cream. Put the potato-cream in a piping bag fitted with an icing tip and decorate the cake with it..
- Make the "lace" for the cake. Slice the lotus root thinly, cook in the microwave and sprinkle with salt. Put the slices around the cake..
- Cut the quail egg face parts out of nori seaweed using scissors or a nori punch (used for bentos). Cut letters out for the daikon radish plaque. If you moisten the surface of the eggs and daikon radish slightly it's easier to stick on the nori..
- *Add color to the quail egg faces with a little red food coloring dissolved in water or ketchup, using the tip of a toothpick. *I scattered on some salmon caviar too, but I forgot to take a photo of it..
- *Use a clear glass plate or a plate that's not white under the sushi cake. The lotus root "lace" will stand out better..
How To Cake It Yolanda Gampp shows how to make all your favorite sushi rolls out of sweets! Each of these rolls are made of sweet chocolate jelly roll sponge cake and iced with ginger jam infused buttercream and topped with candy such Shortbread, Caramel, Chocolate Layers These Sushi Cakes by Yolanda Gampp of How To Cake It are easy to follow and delicious. Chocolate Jelly Roll Sponge, Ginger Infused Buttercream, and Candy Toppings! Carve two long rectangles with very round edges.