Colorful Kimbap: Korean Nori Seaweed Rolls. A popular Korean picnic food – Easy kimbap (Korean sushi roll) recipe! This easy kimbap somewhat resembles California roll, but as you can gather they do taste different. In my opinion, easy kimbap has more savory and subtle flavor than California roll.
Basically, you can feel free to add whatever you want to the roll. Gimbap (김밥) is a Korean seaweed rice roll filled with a variety of delicious fillings. We all grew up on these rice rolls. You can cook Colorful Kimbap: Korean Nori Seaweed Rolls using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Colorful Kimbap: Korean Nori Seaweed Rolls
- You need 700 grams of Plain cooked rice.
- Prepare 3 of sheets Toasted nori seaweed.
- You need of Seasonings.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sesame oil.
- It’s 1 dash of Toasted white sesame seeds.
- Prepare 1 of Salt.
- Prepare of Orange or red layer.
- You need 1/3 of Carrot.
- Prepare 1 of enough to fit in the rolls. Crabsticks.
- It’s of Green layer.
- You need 1 of appropriate amount Komatsuna or other green.
- You need of Yellow layer.
- It’s 1 of appropriate amount Takuan pickles or thin omelet.
- It’s of White layer.
- Prepare 1 of Sliced cheese.
- Prepare of Brown layer.
- Prepare 50 grams of Ground meat or sliced beef.
They were a must for our school field trips and outdoor activities as well as family road trips! Whether it's the anticipation the night before or watching the early morning preparation by. Kimbap is Korean Seaweed Rice Roll that is made with seasoned rice and various veggies and meat that's rolled in dried seaweed (kim). This is the most authentic and classic Kimbap recipe that was my childhood favorite.
Colorful Kimbap: Korean Nori Seaweed Rolls instructions
- In a bowl, season the rice with sesame oil, toasted sesame seeds and a little salt. Taste and add more salt if desired..
- Slice the carrot into thin strips, season with sesame oil and salt. Microwave for 30 seconds. Slice the takuan into thin strips as well..
- Parboil the komatsuna and drain. While it's still hot, season with sesame oil and a little salt. Mix together with your hands and squeeze out the excess water..
- Add 2 teaspoons sugar, 1 teaspoon soy sauce and 1 teaspoon sesame oil to the meat and stir fry in a pan..
- If you divide the filling ingredients into small portions like the photo, it makes assembling easier..
- Spread rice evenly on the nori, leaving 1cm bare at the top. Line the filling ingredients a little below the center of the seaweed..
- Roll up all at once, wrapping in the filling. Press firmly, in the position shown in the photo, to make a nice shape..
- Cut as desired, arrange on a serving dish and it's done!.
- Great for bentos! Leftover filling can be a side dish!.
- What to do with leftover filling? Add gochujang and sesame oil and make Bibimbap..
Kimbap – Korean dried seaweed rice rolls. Kimbap or gimbap (김밥) is a classic Korean rice sushi roll. This kimbap recipe is not only delicious, but also colorful. Kimbap is a healthy sushi roll with. Her Kimbap taste different than most other Korean Kimbap.