Fish Sausage Nori Seaweed Bacon Rolls. Nori is the gateway seaweed: crisp, relatively mild, slightly saline, with roasted, smoky, nearly nutty notes. Most of us know nori from makizushi (sushi rolls) and nigiri (raw fish on sushi rice), but there are dozens of other uses for it. As a grain-free wrap, it's a convenient way to transport tasty fillings.
Nori is seaweed that is roasted or dried and is used in Asian cooking. In particular, the roasted type is most often used as wrappers for making rolled sushi, while the dried type is used for When marine aquarists discovered the nutritional value of nori, being high in carbohydrates, protein, vitamins and. Roasted Nori Seaweed, Roasted Nori Seaweed Suppliers Directory – Find variety Roasted Nori Seaweed Suppliers, Manufacturers, Companies from around the World at nori seaweed Seafood Snacks,Fruit Snacks,Vegetable Snacks,Biscuits,Chinese Snack,Fish Sausage,Nuts & Kernels. You can have Fish Sausage Nori Seaweed Bacon Rolls using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fish Sausage Nori Seaweed Bacon Rolls
- You need 2 of sausages Fish Sausages.
- It’s 2 of sheets Nori seaweed (for wrapping).
- It’s 3 slice of Bacon.
- It’s 1 slice of Sliced cheese.
- You need 1 tbsp of Mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 of Vegetable oil.
Nori is the Japanese word for dried sheets of seaweed. This recipe started as something I found off the back of a seaweed package, but has been adapted several times so that it can be made quickly with ingredients from most large grocery stores – or a local Asian grocery if you prefer. Swordfish bacon and egg English muffin. This muffin is a frequent item on the weekend lunch menu of my Australian restaurant Saint Peter.
Fish Sausage Nori Seaweed Bacon Rolls instructions
- Cut the bacon into fourths as shown in the photo. Do the same for the remaining 2 strips. (Creates 12 strips).
- Cut the sliced cheese into fourths. Slice the fish sausages open in half vertically..
- Stick in 2 slices of cheese..
- Spread out 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise onto the nori seaweed, place the fish sausage on top, and wrap it up. Make the other roll in the same manner..
- Roll the fish sausages up in the nori seaweed, and cut each roll into 6 equal portions (12 rolls total).
- Wrap with the bacon from Step 1, and secure with a toothpick..
- Add a bit of oil to a pan, and crisp the surface of the bacon over a medium heat. They are done once they have crisped slightly..
- I used Nissei fish sausages to make this. [For a more mature flavor, you can spread spicy mustard onto the nori seaweed.].
- Adding twice the amount of cheese will increase the volume of the rolls. Please increase the amount if you love cheese. You can even use them for your hubby's beer snack!.
- I changed the plain toothpicks out fore decorative ones. They are really cute in a bento!.
If you didn't know what you were eating, I believe it would go toe to toe with a pig-based bacon and egg muffin. Interpretations of this muffin with our fish sausage. Recipe: Veggie Nori Rolls. by Joy Manning. Gently but firmly, roll the edge closest to you toward the center of the nori wrap, carefully rolling a sushi-like roll. (Note: a bamboo sushi mat makes this easier. Nori seaweed is the most common edible seaweed produced worldwide.