Spinach with Nori Seaweed and Tiny Sardines (Namul). Today's recipe is a very simple version of a Korean spinach salad dish (Sigeumchi Namul banchan 시금치 나물 반찬). It's very easy and super quick to make. There are a couple of ways to make this spinach side dish, but the recipe I'm about to share here is mainly reliant on salt, garlic and sesame.
This recipe for sesame seasoned spinach is a light Korean side dish that can also be used in other main dishes such as chap chae, kimbap, and bibimbap. Appetizers and side dishes play a key role in Korean cuisine, and sigumchi namul (seasoned spinach) has everything you need to make a. Sigeumchi Namul Recipe : Korean Spinach Banchan The Far Eastern people, who also reflect the difference Great recipe for Cucumber and Korean Nori Seaweed Namul. You can have Spinach with Nori Seaweed and Tiny Sardines (Namul) using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spinach with Nori Seaweed and Tiny Sardines (Namul)
- You need 1 bunch of Spinach.
- You need 1 of sheet Toasted nori seaweed.
- It’s 50 grams of Chirimen jako or shirasu.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of Mentsuyu (3x concentrate).
- You need 1 tbsp of Sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 of White sesame seeds.
I was given a lot of Korean nori seaweed as a Japanese powdered red chili pepper is very spicy, so use a tiny bit if you use it. Siguemchi namul is one of the most loved Korean vegetable side dishes. It's also one of the main toppings for bibimbap. Sigeumchi namul is a simple Korean side dish (banchan) made with spinach.
Spinach with Nori Seaweed and Tiny Sardines (Namul) instructions
- Blanch the spinach, rinse under cold water, drain, and cut into 3 – 4 cm lengths..
- Tear the toasted nori seaweed into small pieces..
- Combine the ingredients from Steps 1 and 2 with the shirasu or chirimen jako, mentsuyu and sesame oil in a bowl, and mix..
- Transfer to a serving dish, sprinkle toasted white sesame seeds on top, and serve..
Simply blanch the spinach and season it! Although the cooking time and seasonings vary, making namul dishes with green leafy vegetables usually involves blanching the vegetables and squeezing out the water content. Garlic, green onion, sesame oil, sesame seeds, shredded red pepper, soy sauce, spinach. Spinach NaMul. 시금치 나물, SiGeumChi NaMul. You can use this side dish for other Korean dishes like Bibimbap, JapChae, KimBap, etc.