Popular with Boys! Futomaki Sushi Rolls with Yakiniku Beef – Good for Picnics. Futomaki or Maki Sushi is a traditional thick and fat sushi roll typically filled with vegetables and With its attractive look, Futomaki is a popular sushi roll to make for festivity events, holidays You will have better luck finding the products in Japanese grocery stores. Repeat steps to make two more rolls. Serve with soy sauce, wasabi and pickled ginger.
Other than raw fish, their maki flavours also stand out from that of other Japanese restaurants. A favourite is the Dragonfly Maki Roll which comes with creamy avocado and crunchy soft shell crab. These Hosomaki – Thin Sushi Rolls with smelt are great as an appetizer. You can have Popular with Boys! Futomaki Sushi Rolls with Yakiniku Beef – Good for Picnics using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Popular with Boys! Futomaki Sushi Rolls with Yakiniku Beef – Good for Picnics
- It’s 360 ml of Japanese rice or rice for sushi.
- It’s 2 tsp of Sake.
- It’s 3 of cm square Kombu.
- Prepare of Sushi vinegar.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 1 of and 1/2 teaspoons Salt.
- Prepare of For the fillings.
- You need 150 grams of Thinly sliced beef offcuts.
- Prepare 2 of leaves Lettuce leaves.
- It’s 1 of Spinach.
- It’s 1 of Pickled daikon radish.
- You need 2 of Thin green onions.
- It’s of Other:.
- Prepare 1 of Yakiniku BBQ sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 of Sesame seeds.
Popular with Boys! Futomaki Sushi Rolls with Yakiniku Beef – Good for Picnics step by step
- Put the prepared rice, sake and konbu in the rice cooker and add water as specified on the rice cooker. Press start to cook the rice..
- Transfer the step 1 cooked rice into a big bowl and drizzle the combined sushi vinegar. Mix well without mashing the rice grains and set aside to cool..
- Julienne the pickled daikon radish..
- Cook the spinach and drain. Mix with the soy sauce, sesame oil and sesame seeds..
- Fry the beef with the yakiniku BBQ sauce and slice into 1-2 cm..
- Place a piece of cling film on a sushi mat and nori seaweed. Spread out the sushi rice on top of nori evenly..
- Place the lettuce leaves, the ingredients from steps 3, 4, 5 and thin green onions (about 3) on the sushi rice, slightly towards you..
- Roll up the sushi gently..
- Slice the sushi wrapped in cling film (this is easier to cut because the cling film protects the sushi shape)..
Questions Futomaki is a classic sushi roll that is large in size. But is a healthy home-made food choice that can be flexible for a wide range of diets. Which would definitely spice up the sushi roll with added healthiness. It is much thicker than Tuna rolls or cucumber rolls, and the fillings are cooked and flavored, thus you don't really need to dip in soy sauce (unless you want to). Using a sharp knife, cut each roll into six slices.