Salmon and Avocado Fat Sushi Rolls (Futomaki). Futomaki or Maki Sushi is a traditional thick and fat sushi roll typically filled with vegetables and sometimes include cooked fish like unagi. Each family chooses different fillings for futomaki. I named it "Lucky Eho-Maki" because I used seven lucky ingredients including lucky colors such as red and yellow: smoked salmon, corn, onion, baby leaves.
Maki Futomaki Sushi Rolls with salmon on black marble background. Maki ands rolls with tuna, salmon, shrimp, crab and avocado. Top view of assorted sushi, all you can eat menu. You can cook Salmon and Avocado Fat Sushi Rolls (Futomaki) using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Salmon and Avocado Fat Sushi Rolls (Futomaki)
- You need 480 ml of uncooked White rice.
- Prepare 6 of sheets Nori seaweed.
- It’s 6 of leaves Loose leaf lettuce.
- You need 180 grams of Fresh salmon sashimi.
- You need 1 of Avocado.
- Prepare 1 of Lemon juice (for the avocado).
- Prepare of For the sushi vinegar (120 ml).
- You need 82 ml of Vinegar.
- Prepare 55 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 18 grams of Salt.
- Prepare 8 grams of Kombu based dashi stock.
- It’s of For the dashimaki tamago.
- You need 2 tsp of Shiro-dashi.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Mirin.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare of For the wasabi mayonnaise.
- You need 2 tbsp of Mayonnaise.
- You need 1 tsp of Wasabi.
Set of traditional japanese food on a dark background. This tasty salmon and crab futomaki is a must for any sushi seafood platter. The giant roll is packed with sashimi quality salmon, white crabmeat and Salmon is one of my favourite fish, especially beautiful Scottish or Alaskan salmon. Chives have a great aroma and avocado gives a rich flavour: a.
Salmon and Avocado Fat Sushi Rolls (Futomaki) step by step
- It's best to make the sushi vinegar up to a day in advance. Make a batch and store in an empty bottle. It'll keep for 3 months. Be sure to label it clearly so no one drinks it by mistake!.
- When the rice is cooked, pour on the sushi vinegar while it's still hot, and fold it in using a cut-and-fold motion. Fan with a handheld fan as you mix..
- Get the fillings ready as the sushi rice cools. Make the dashimaki tamago and cut into 6 portions lengthwise. Sprinkle the avocado with lemon juice to stop discoloration. Make the wasabi mayonnaise..
- Put a sheet of nori seaweed on a sushi rolling mat and spread out the rice evenly, leaving a 2 cm gap on the far side..
- Place the lettuce, egg, avocado, salmon and wasabi-mayonnaise on the half close to you..
- Roll it up in one go while holding down the fillings, evening out the roll as you go..
- Take the sushi rolling mat off. Press both sides of the roll to push in anything that is sticking out with a moistened finger..
- Cut the roll up with the seam side down, and it's done..
Homepage > Recipes > Sushi Recipes > Futomaki Sushi and California Roll Recipe (Thick Rolled Sushi Futomakizushi). Smoked salmon is an excellent substitute for crab sticks. Kanpyo and spinach are also a great combination as a substitute for shiitake and cucumber. Salmon Avocados Japanese Sushi Fish Wasabi Main Dish Medium. Storing sushi rolls can be quite tricky, as most are made with a variety of different ingredients.