Tonkatsu Sushi Rolls. The typical sushi roll is made with the seaweed expose to the outside. Tonkatsu is one of my favorite Japanese dishes. I made tonkatsu not too long ago and they were scrumptious.
Tonkatsu Kimbap Tonkatsu = fried pork cutlet Kimbap = Korean version of sushi. Improve your cooking skills with this delicious Asian egg rolls. You will be delighted to add this healthy recipe to. You can have Tonkatsu Sushi Rolls using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tonkatsu Sushi Rolls
- You need 1 of cutlet Tonkatsu pork cutlet.
- Prepare 400 grams of Hot cooked rice.
- You need 2 of sheets Nori seaweed.
- It’s 200 grams of Cabbage.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt (to rub into the cabbage).
- Prepare 1 of Sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Honey mustard sauce.
Tonkatsu is a Japanese dish that consists of a breaded, deep-fried/tempura pork cutlet. It involves cutting the pig's back center into two-to-three-centimeter-thick slices, coating them with panko. The meat is evenly textured and soft making it one of the most delicious pork cuts. Hoso means thin and maki means roll.
Tonkatsu Sushi Rolls instructions
- Cut the tonkatsu into four long stick and toss with the sauce. If you're using cold rice, microwave..
- Shred the cabbage and rub with salt until soft. Drain excess water, and combine with honey mustard sauce..
- On a sushi mat, place your nori sheet, half of the rice, half of the cabbage, and 2 sticks of tonkatsu. Roll it up tightly. Make two..
- Set it aside for a while before slicing. It could be troublesome, but if you clean your knife with a damp cloth each time you slice it, the cross-section will look nice..
Traditional Japanese Sushi Rolls – What comes to your mind when you hear traditional Japanese food? While Japanese cuisine is extremely varied, most people will conjure up images of sushi rolls. Sushi rolls or hosomaki are basic but popular sushi in Japan. Hoso means "thin" and maki means "roll." We say "thin" because there are also thick rolls, which are called futomaki. Making delicious sushi rolls (Maki Sushi) at home is easy with just a few ingredients like tuna Learn how to make delicious Sushi Rolls or Maki Sushi (Hosomaki) at home with step-by-step instructions.