Restaurant-style California Roll. I'm showing you how to make a California roll! It's been about a month since I uploaded the other video I made the same night. haha Like I. California roll is an easy sushi roll to make at home.
California Roll in Toronto is ready to serve you the best in Japanese cuisine. California Roll carries all your favourite appetizers and meals- from Miso Be sure to try California Roll's own maki creations, such as the Sky Dome Roll with tempura shrimp, tobiko, oshinko, lettuce & mayo, or the Honour Roll. "A California roll is a fresh take on traditional Japanese rice rolls. Filled with avocado, crab, and cucumber, it's fresh and crunchy and makes a filling Place a sheet of nori on a flat work surface. You can have Restaurant-style California Roll using 16 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Restaurant-style California Roll
- Prepare of Fillings.
- You need 1 of Mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 of Masago (capelin roe).
- You need 1 of Nori seaweed (cut in half).
- It’s 1 of Avocado.
- It’s 1 of packet Imitation crab sticks.
- Prepare 1 of Mayonnaise.
- You need 1 of Masago (capelin roe).
- Prepare 540 ml of Uncooked white rice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sake.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Mirin.
- Prepare 1 of sheet Kombu seaweed (3 cm square).
- You need of Vinegar water.
- It’s 30 ml of Sushi vinegar.
- It’s 30 ml of Water.
- You need 1 pinch of Salt.
Spread a thin layer of rice on top of the nori. Place the nori, rice side down, on the prepared rolling mat.. It is not a fancy restaurant but the sushi is so delicious. Love Some like it hot roll and Crispy roll.
Restaurant-style California Roll step by step
- Add sake and mirin to the rice when cooking, and use 1 mm less water than usual. Don't cook the rice using the 'sushi rice' setting, just use the regular program..
- Lay the kombu on top of the rice and switch the rice cooker on!.
- Put the sushi vinegar ingredients in a small pan and bring to a simmer. Turn the heat off immediately..
- Add the boiled sushi vinegar and water to the freshly cooked rice, leave to cool down a bit, then cover with plastic wrap to prevent from drying out..
- Spread a piece of nori seaweed evenly with sushi rice. Slightly moisten your hands with water and flatten out the rice. Cover with plastic wrap..
- Turn it over, wrap and all, so that the nori side is facing up. Draw a thin line in the middle with mayonnaise..
- Top with avocado and crab sticks. If you put the avocado on the far side it may get mashed when you roll the sushi, so I think it's easier if you put the crab sticks on the far side and the avocado closer to you..
- Fold the plastic wrap that is sticking out on the side closer to you under the mat to make it easier to roll the sushi..
- Roll the sushi, and cut it with the wrap still on it. If you peel off the wrap with moistened hands, you won't get any sticky rice..
- Put the masago on the cut sushi roll pieces to finish. If you don't like masago, use ground white sesame seeds instead..
- How to cut an avocado Cut into the avocado lengthwise and you'll hit the pit. Slice all the way around the avocado..
- Twist both halves with your hands and it will end up as shown in the photo. Cut into the half with the pit lengthwise again, and push out the pit..
- Note: I cut each crab stick in half lengthwise. Adjust depending on how thick you want the crab sticks to be..
Order online from California Roll Factory on MenuPages. To make California rolls, it helps to have a sushi rolling mat. Here's the bamboo version that we Sushi and California rolls are typically served with a dipping sauce made by mixing soy sauce with For the record, sushi that's served up in restaurants is typically made with more vinegar and sugar. A California Roll is simply constructed of crab (or krab,) thin slices of cucumber, creamy avocado, and sushi rice Number one, I use fake crab (krab,) listed as surimi in sushi restaurants. My YouTube video link for viewing or.