California Roll with Wine Vinegar. Learn how Mizkan Seasoned Rice Vinegar brings out the flavor in this homemade California Roll Recipe. Learn how to make restaurant quality sushi at home! I used a bit of dry sherry and white wine vinegar in place of rice vinegar.
This is then rolled using a bamboo mat and pressed to maintain the shape. This recipe is based on one that appears in _The Sushi Experience_ by Hiroko Shimbo. Put rice into a fine-mesh strainer. You can cook California Roll with Wine Vinegar using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of California Roll with Wine Vinegar
- You need 700 grams of Plain cooked rice.
- Prepare 50 grams of Salmon (for sashimi).
- It’s 1 of Cucumber.
- Prepare 1 of egg Thick Omelette.
- Prepare 1/2 of Avocado.
- It’s 2 of Imitation crab sticks.
- Prepare 1 of White roasted sesame seeds.
- Prepare 1 of Mayonnaise.
- You need 3 of whole sheets Toasted nori.
- It’s of [Homemade Vinegar].
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Pure white wine vinegar.
- You need 3 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Salt.
Lower strainer into a bowl of cold water. This recipe won't provide you with rolls, but we're pretty sure that you'll still love the end result. While rice is cooking combine rice wine vinegar and sugar and mix until sugar is dissolved. When rice is done transfer to wooden bowl and add vinegar mixture. sweet vinegar dressing.
California Roll with Wine Vinegar instructions
- Add a little water to some warm rice and then while it's still hot, mix the Homemade Vinegar ingredients in together stirring well by hand..
- Once the rice has absorbed the vinegar mixture, use a handheld fan to cool the rice and the sushi rice is ready!.
- Cut the salmon, cucumber, thick omelette, avocado, and crab into easy-to-roll size pieces that are the size of the nori seaweed..
- Place the seaweed on top of a bamboo sushi rolling mat, and then thinly spread out the rice you made in Step 3. Sprinkle roasted sesame seeds..
- Put some plastic wrap on top of what you made in Step 5 and flip it over. Now on top of the seaweed, place the ingredients cut in Step 4 on top..
- Next coat the top of what you made in Step 6 with mayonnaise. Roll it up from the end firmly pushing down as you do. Use a wet kitchen knife to cut it and it's done!.
Fresh water eel, cream cheese, avocado, eel sauce. California roll with fresh water eel, smelt egg. Order online from California Roll Factory on MenuPages. California Roll in Toronto is ready to serve you the best in Japanese cuisine. California Roll carries all your favourite appetizers and meals- from Miso Soup and Gyoza to Rainbow Rolls and the Vegetarian Roll Set.