My Petite California Rolls. There are a lot of California Roll Recipes on YouTube, but how many of them show you every step of the process? In this ultimate tutorial on how to make. The California Roll is one of the easiest sushi rolls to make and one of the most delicious to eat!
Repeat with remaining sheets of nori and filling. Serve garnished with pickled ginger, soy sauce, and wasabi paste. I could eat California Rolls all day long but they are so expensive to buy here! You can cook My Petite California Rolls using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of My Petite California Rolls
- Prepare 350 grams of Hot cooked rice.
- It’s 2 tbsp of A) Vinegar.
- It’s 1 of and 1/2 tablespoon A) Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of A) Salt.
- You need 8 slice of of sashimi Salmon sashimi (or 4 imitation crab sticks).
- Prepare 1/4 of Avocado.
- Prepare 1 of leaf Lettuce.
- Prepare 1 of Mayonnaise.
- You need 2 tbsp of White sesame seeds.
California Rolls are one of my favorite snacks ever, but they are so expensive to buy! It is much cheaper to make your own PLUS you can make a LOT more than what they give you at the store. Make a healthy sushi snack with our easy step-by-step guide to California rolls. Perfect for entertaining friends and family and they look quite impressive too!
My Petite California Rolls instructions
- Mix the 'A' condiments into freshly cooked (or reheated) rice. Let it cool..
- Peel the avocado and cut into long strips, about 1 cm in width, and sprinkle with vinegar..
- Place white sesame seeds on a sheet of plastic wrap and evenly spread them over a 13 x 13 cm square area with your hands..
- You could always add more sesame seeds when the roll is finished so you don't have to be too careful with this step..
- Place half the rice on top of the sesame seeds and spread to a 13 x 13 cm square. Wet your hands with water to spread the rice or else the rice will stick..
- Add mayonnaise..
- Adding a dab of wasabi or Japanese mustard will give a spicy, sophisticated taste..
- Arrange the lettuce, avocado, and salmon (or imitation crab) on top. ＊Be careful. It'll be difficult to wrap if you get too ambitious with the filling!.
- Here's an example of being too ambitious with the fillings..
- Wrap the roll forward inside the plastic wrap in one go. I'm using one hand in this photo since I'm holding a camera, but be sure to use both hands while rolling..
- Use the other half of rice to make another roll..
This California Roll is probably the easiest roll to start with, but the possibilities of sushi rolls are endless! (I just made a batch with tempura fried shrimp that was California Rolls Recipe. Let us know if you make this sushi recipe by leaving us a comment below or by tagging us on social media! Cover a makisu (sushi rolling mat) with plastic wrap. Place half of a sheet of the seaweed over the plastic on the mat. Place a handful of rice across the seaweed and spread it evenly over the seaweed.