Hand-Rolled California Rolls. We really do hand roll fresh sushi rolls in our Choicelunch kitchens every day! The California Hand Roll is an easy sushi fix for sushi lovers. It contains less and inexpensive ingredients so everyone can enjoy these lovable treats.
It makes a nice presentation when arranged pinwheel style and can be stacked in several rows like a pyramid. California roll is one of the most popular sushi recipes in the United States. It's a real Japanese sushi roll with sushi rice wrapped with nori (seaweed) and stuffed with cooked imitation crab meat (or real crab meat), cucumber and avocado. You can cook Hand-Rolled California Rolls using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hand-Rolled California Rolls
- You need 120 grams of Imitation crab sticks.
- It’s 6 oz of Canned crabmeat.
- Prepare 1 of Mayonnaise.
- You need 1 of Sushi rice, Nori.
- Prepare 1 of Avocado.
- Prepare 1 of pack Tiny fish roe (Tobiko).
- You need 1 of Spicy Sauce.
Temaki (手巻, "hand rolls") is a cone-shaped piece of nori (seaweed) on the outside with the rice and fillings spilling out the wide end. One of my favourite temaki is the California temaki (カリフォルニア手巻き) made up of avocado, crab sticks, cucumber and flying fish (tobiko) or prawn. California roll is an easy sushi roll to make at home. Unlike nigiri sushi or other kinds of sushi rolls, California Roll does not include any raw fish.
Hand-Rolled California Rolls step by step
- I used the type of imitation crab sticks as shown on the left in the photo. Use a food processor to chop it up as seen on the right..
- Drain the water from the canned crab and combine it with the chopped crab sticks and mayonnaise. Make sure the crab meat won't squeeze out when rolling the sushi..
- Squeeze lemon on the avocado and wrap it up with the fish roe and spicy sauce, and enjoy..
Of all sushi rolls, California rolls are easily my favorite guilty pleasure. You better believe, no matter how 'authentic' the rest of my sushi order might be when I'm at a restaurant with friends, there's going to be at least one California roll or California hand roll on that wooden, lacquered plate. · California roll is an easy sushi roll to make at home. Learn how to make this popular sushi roll that is filled with fresh avocado, crab meat and Japanese Do the classic California roll (avocado, imitation crab meat, cucumber, daikon radish) or go crazy with your own unique sushi invention (tempeh. Now comes the fun part: rolling! Make sure all the ingredients are prepped and ready to go/ Cut cucumber and avocado into Top the nori with rice.