Basil-Flavored California Roll. There are a lot of California Roll Recipes on YouTube, but how many of them show you every step of the process? In this ultimate tutorial on how to make..fresh Basil-Mayo, cooked bacon, and thinly sliced avocado and Roma tomatoes, then rolled and sliced. These lettuce wraps are cool, fresh and made extra special by the California-inspired combo of The flavors are AH-mazing!
The origin of the California roll is highly debatable. Some say it was invented in Los Angeles, while others claim it was actually invented in Canada. Most of the ingredients for California rolls are easy to find, but here are a few things that you might need to go to a Japanese or Asian market for. You can have Basil-Flavored California Roll using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Basil-Flavored California Roll
- You need 90 ml of Uncooked white rice.
- You need 1 of sheet Nori seaweed.
- Prepare 1 of Boiled egg.
- Prepare 4 slice of Smoked salmon.
- Prepare 1/2 of Cucumber.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Basil sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of Mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 dash of less than 1 tablespoon Sushi vinegar.
California roll is an easy sushi roll to make at home. Learn how to make this popular sushi roll that is filled with fresh avocado, crab meat and Japanese mayo. It adds wonderful nutty flavors and aroma. For me personally, I like to add toasted white sesame seeds in the crab meat mixture, since I use fish.
Basil-Flavored California Roll step by step
- Add the sushi vinegar to the freshly cooked rice and let cool..
- Cut the cucumber into long, thin strips. (Make them thin enough to be easily rolled).
- Chop the boiled egg, then season with the mayonnaise and basil sauce (like you're making an egg sandwich)..
- Put a thin layer of the rice from 1 on the nori. Put plastic wrap on top of the rice, then flip the whole thing over..
- Put 2, 3, and the smoked salmon on top of the nori and roll into futomaki (fat rolls) to finish..
Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry. If you like traditional California Roll sushi you will love this for a change! I have made this several times but have evolved to totally nixing the lettuce as it tends to get way too limp for our Toasted shredded nori sprinkled on top just before serving gave it real oomph and more of that California Roll flavour. Fresh Basil Rolls Shrimp, rice noodles, lettuce, bean sprouts and basil, wrapped in a rice paper wrapper. Three-Flavored Fish Deep fried whole fish, topped with a three-flavor sauce, which consists of sweet, sour, and spicy.