California Rolls. A California roll or California maki is a makizushi sushi roll that is usually rolled inside-out, and containing cucumber, crab or imitation crab, and avocado. Sometimes crab salad is substituted for the crab stick, and often the outer layer of rice in an inside-out roll (uramaki). Most versions of California Roll include crab and avocado.
Learn how to make this popular sushi roll that is filled with fresh avocado, crab meat and Japanese mayo. Doing A Give Away (Free Sushi Knife!)- All you Have to do Is Subscribe, Like and comment saying done! How to make delicious California rolls. You can cook California Rolls using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of California Rolls
- It’s 360 ml of Sushi rice.
- You need 8 slice of Nori (dried seaweed sheet).
- You need 1 of Avocado.
- You need 1 dash of Imitation crab meat sticks.
- You need 1 of Toasted white sesame seeds.
Grabbing both nori and the mat, roll the mat over the filling so the extra space at the bottom touches the other side. A California roll is a fresh take on traditional Japanese rice rolls. Filled with avocado, crab, and cucumber, it's fresh and crunchy and makes a filling meal. You can use real or imitation crab.
California Rolls instructions
- Prepare the sushi rice. While it's cooling, slice the avocado. Slice thinly to make 16 slices..
- Lay a sheet of plastic wrap on a sushi mat. Place a sheet of nori on top and then cover with the sushi rice. Sprinkle on some toasted white sesame seeds..
- Flip over the nori with the sushi rice. Place the avocado and imitation crab meat stick on top. Wrap it up to finish..
California Rolls – American-Style Sushi Rolls. Making California Rolls at home is easy to do. I did a large amount of reading on how to make sushi rolls before attempting my first ones. The origin of the California roll is highly debatable. Some say it was invented in Los Angeles, while others claim it was actually invented in Canada.