California Rolls. A California roll or California maki is a makizushi sushi roll that is usually rolled inside-out, and containing cucumber, crab or imitation crab, and avocado. Sometimes crab salad is substituted for the crab stick, and often the outer layer of rice in an inside-out roll (uramaki). Most versions of California Roll include crab and avocado.
Learn how to make this popular sushi roll that is filled with fresh avocado, crab meat and Japanese mayo. Doing A Give Away (Free Sushi Knife!)- All you Have to do Is Subscribe, Like and comment saying done! How to make delicious California rolls. You can have California Rolls using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of California Rolls
- It’s 1000 grams of White rice.
- You need 5 of tablespooons Vinegar.
- It’s 1 of 3 tablespoons Granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 can of Canned tuna.
- You need 1 can of Canned flavored sardines.
- You need 2 of eggs Kinshi tamago.
- Prepare 2 of thin Carrot.
- It’s 1 of Avocado.
- Prepare 1 of few leaves Romaine lettuce.
- Prepare 1 of Cucumber.
- Prepare 1 of Wasabi.
- It’s 7 of Nori (dried seaweed sheet).
- It’s 1 of White sesame seeds.
Grabbing both nori and the mat, roll the mat over the filling so the extra space at the bottom touches the other side. A California roll is a fresh take on traditional Japanese rice rolls. Filled with avocado, crab, and cucumber, it's fresh and crunchy and makes a filling meal. You can use real or imitation crab.
California Rolls step by step
- Mix together the vinegar, sugar, and salt. Rinse the rice, top with kombu seaweed (not listed), and cook the rice to a somewhat firmer texture than usual. Once cooked, mix with the vinegar mixture..
- To prepare the filling: Boil the carrots. Make the kinshi tamago. (Mix egg with dashi stock granules, a bit of sugar, and katakuriko dissolved in water, and cook.) Cut the cucumber, lettuce, and avocado into pieces Mix the canned tuna with mayonnaise and pepper..
- Spread a layer of sushi rice over the nori. Top with wasabi and the other fillings, then roll it up. Cut the roll into 8 equal pieces and transfer to a plate..
California Rolls – American-Style Sushi Rolls. Making California Rolls at home is easy to do. I did a large amount of reading on how to make sushi rolls before attempting my first ones. The origin of the California roll is highly debatable. Some say it was invented in Los Angeles, while others claim it was actually invented in Canada.