California Rolls. A California roll or California maki is a makizushi sushi roll that is usually rolled inside-out, and containing cucumber, crab or imitation crab, and avocado. Sometimes crab salad is substituted for the crab stick, and often the outer layer of rice in an inside-out roll (uramaki). Most versions of California Roll include crab and avocado.
Learn how to make this popular sushi roll that is filled with fresh avocado, crab meat and Japanese mayo. Doing A Give Away (Free Sushi Knife!)- All you Have to do Is Subscribe, Like and comment saying done! How to make delicious California rolls. You can have California Rolls using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of California Rolls
- Prepare 700 grams of Sushi Rice (Refer to.
- Prepare 1 of and a half Avocado.
- You need 1 of packet Crab sticks.
- You need 3 of full sheets Toasted nori seaweed.
- It’s 1 of Black Sesame (or white sesame).
- Prepare 1 of Mayonnaise.
Grabbing both nori and the mat, roll the mat over the filling so the extra space at the bottom touches the other side. A California roll is a fresh take on traditional Japanese rice rolls. Filled with avocado, crab, and cucumber, it's fresh and crunchy and makes a filling meal. You can use real or imitation crab.
California Rolls step by step
- Prepare two rice cooker cups' worth of sushi rice. You can find a recipe for sushi rice at https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/149830-my-sushi-rice-recipe.
- Cover the sushi mat with plastic wrap..
- Lay out the nori on top of the plastic wrap..
- Spread the sushi rice out over the nori in a thin, even layer..
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top of the rice. Wet your hands, and gently press the sesame seeds into the rice. Flip everything over (nori, rice & sesame seeds)..
- Lay the crab sticks and avocado on the nori, and wrap tightly..
- After you peel them slowly off the mats, you'll be all done!.
- Cut the rolls and garnish with mayonnaise..
- To dress up the rolls a little more, try garnishing them with parsley or salmon roe..
California Rolls – American-Style Sushi Rolls. Making California Rolls at home is easy to do. I did a large amount of reading on how to make sushi rolls before attempting my first ones. The origin of the California roll is highly debatable. Some say it was invented in Los Angeles, while others claim it was actually invented in Canada.