California Rolls. A California roll or California maki is a makizushi sushi roll that is usually rolled inside-out, and containing cucumber, crab or imitation crab, and avocado. Sometimes crab salad is substituted for the crab stick, and often the outer layer of rice in an inside-out roll (uramaki). Most versions of California Roll include crab and avocado.
Learn how to make this popular sushi roll that is filled with fresh avocado, crab meat and Japanese mayo. Doing A Give Away (Free Sushi Knife!)- All you Have to do Is Subscribe, Like and comment saying done! How to make delicious California rolls. You can have California Rolls using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of California Rolls
- You need 1 of enough to make 3 full rolls Cooked and seasoned sushi rice.
- Prepare 3 of sheets Nori seaweed.
- Prepare 1 of Avocado.
- Prepare 9 of Shrimp.
- You need 6 of Shiso leaves.
- Prepare 1 of Lettuce.
- Prepare 1 of Pepper.
- It’s 1 of Mayonnaise.
Grabbing both nori and the mat, roll the mat over the filling so the extra space at the bottom touches the other side. A California roll is a fresh take on traditional Japanese rice rolls. Filled with avocado, crab, and cucumber, it's fresh and crunchy and makes a filling meal. You can use real or imitation crab.
California Rolls step by step
- Place a sheet of nori seaweed on top of a bamboo rolling mat and cover with a layer of plastic wrap. Spread the rice out on the plastic wrap to the size of the sheet of nori seaweed, and then place the nori on top of the rice..
- Arrange the fillings neatly on top of the nori seaweed sheet, and then roll up as you would for normal rolled sushi..
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top, and then all that's left to do is slice the sushi..
- All done!.
California Rolls – American-Style Sushi Rolls. Making California Rolls at home is easy to do. I did a large amount of reading on how to make sushi rolls before attempting my first ones. The origin of the California roll is highly debatable. Some say it was invented in Los Angeles, while others claim it was actually invented in Canada.