California Roll. A California roll or California maki is a makizushi sushi roll that is usually rolled inside-out, and containing cucumber, crab or imitation crab, and avocado. Sometimes crab salad is substituted for the crab stick, and often the outer layer of rice in an inside-out roll (uramaki). Vegan Roll With A Twist – How To Make Sushi Series.
Learn how to make this popular sushi roll that is filled with fresh avocado, crab meat and Japanese mayo. Most versions of California Roll include crab and avocado. Although I prefer using real crab meat, if you don't have access to fresh seafood, imitation crab (a.k.a. surimi) will do in a pinch. You can have California Roll using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of California Roll
- Prepare 1 of sheet Nori.
- It’s 1 of Sushi rice.
- It’s 1/3 of Avocado.
- Prepare 1 of Salmon.
- It’s 1 dash of Cucumber.
- You need 1 of Sesame seeds.
- Prepare 1 dash of Mayonnaise.
Grabbing both nori and the mat, roll the mat over the filling so the extra space at the bottom touches the other side. A California roll is a fresh take on traditional Japanese rice rolls. Filled with avocado, crab, and cucumber, it's fresh and crunchy and makes a filling meal. You can use real or imitation crab.
California Roll instructions
- Spread a thin layer of sushi rice over 2/3 of the sheet of nori seaweed..
- Flip the nori and rice over, arrange the fillings on top of the nori and spread on some mayonnaise. Slowly roll them up with the fillings on the inside, pressing firmly into shape as you go..
- Cut into desired sizes, sprinkle on plenty of sesame seeds, and they're ready..
Cover a bamboo rolling mat with plastic wrap. Cut nori sheets in half crosswise. California roll is one of the most popular sushi recipes in the United States. It's a real Japanese sushi roll with sushi rice wrapped with nori (seaweed) and stuffed with cooked imitation crab meat (or real. The History of the California Roll.