California Rolls. A California roll or California maki is a makizushi sushi roll that is usually rolled inside-out, and containing cucumber, crab or imitation crab, and avocado. Sometimes crab salad is substituted for the crab stick, and often the outer layer of rice in an inside-out roll (uramaki). Most versions of California Roll include crab and avocado.
Learn how to make this popular sushi roll that is filled with fresh avocado, crab meat and Japanese mayo. Doing A Give Away (Free Sushi Knife!)- All you Have to do Is Subscribe, Like and comment saying done! How to make delicious California rolls. You can cook California Rolls using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of California Rolls
- It’s 4 of Shrimp tempura.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- It’s 2 of leaves Lettuce.
- It’s 1 of Avocado.
- Prepare 2 of bowls Sushi rice.
- It’s 2 of sheets Nori seaweed.
Grabbing both nori and the mat, roll the mat over the filling so the extra space at the bottom touches the other side. A California roll is a fresh take on traditional Japanese rice rolls. Filled with avocado, crab, and cucumber, it's fresh and crunchy and makes a filling meal. You can use real or imitation crab.
California Rolls step by step
- Make the sushi rice by mixing the rice with sushi vinegar. Make the tamagoyaki omelet in a tamagoyaki pan and cut it in half. Fry the shrimp..
- Place a sheet of nori seaweed onto a sushi rolling mat, and then spread a thin layer of sushi rice over it..
- Line up the shrimp tempura, lettuce, tamagoyaki omelet, and avocado on top of the rice..
- Roll everything up, cover with some mayonnaise, cut, and serve..
California Rolls – American-Style Sushi Rolls. Making California Rolls at home is easy to do. I did a large amount of reading on how to make sushi rolls before attempting my first ones. The origin of the California roll is highly debatable. Some say it was invented in Los Angeles, while others claim it was actually invented in Canada.