Easy California Rolls. California rolls are usually made inside-out – rice on the outside, nori (seaweed) on the inside – making them easier to eat. There is some debate as to where the California roll was invented. California rolls are a great introduction to eating sushi, especially for people who are a bit squeamish about eating raw fish.
Easy homemade California roll with sushi rice, crab, avocado and seaweed. California rolls at home in easy steps. California roll is an easy sushi roll to make at home. You can have Easy California Rolls using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy California Rolls
- You need 1 of Avocado.
- You need 1 of pack Imitation crab sticks.
- Prepare 1 can of Canned tuna.
- It’s 3 of leaves Red leaf lettuce.
- Prepare 3 of Eggs.
- Prepare 450 grams of White rice.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Sushi rice seasoning (liquid or powdered).
- You need 1 of Mayonnaise.
- You need 1 of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 4 of sheets Toasted nori seaweed.
- Prepare 1 of White sesame seeds.
Learn how to make this popular sushi roll that is filled with fresh avocado, crab meat and Japanese mayo. California Rolls – American-Style Sushi Rolls. Making California Rolls at home is easy to do. I did a large amount of reading on how to make sushi rolls before attempting my first ones.
Easy California Rolls step by step
- Make sushi rice by mixing freshly cooked rice and the sushi rice seasoning. Leave to cool..
- Next, make a Japanese-style omelet and leave to cool as well..
- Slice the avocado lengthwise. Drain the oil from the canned tuna, and season with mayonnaise, salt and pepper..
- Lay a large sheet of plastic wrap over a sushi mat. Spread out a layer of sushi rice and place a sheet of toasted nori seaweed on top..
- Place the red leaf lettuce on top of that, then the omelet, imitation crab stick, tuna, and avocado..
- Start wrapping it up from front to back. Remembering not to tuck in the plastic wrap when you reach the back is important here!.
- Press the sushi mat firmly to roll up the sushi securely..
- To prevent the rice from sticking onto your knife, take care to wet the knife between each slice. Dish it up, top with sesame seeds and it's done..
Most of the ingredients for California rolls are easy to find, but here are a few things that you might need to go to a Japanese or Asian market for. This classic California Roll is rolled with crab, cucumbers, avocado and brown rice to make Sushi is SO easy to make at home and fun too! I am always thinking about new rolls to make at home and my. This post may contain affiliate links. Make a healthy sushi snack with our easy step-by-step guide to California rolls.