California Roll. A California roll or California maki is a makizushi sushi roll that is usually rolled inside-out, and containing cucumber, crab or imitation crab, and avocado. Sometimes crab salad is substituted for the crab stick, and often the outer layer of rice in an inside-out roll (uramaki). Vegan Roll With A Twist – How To Make Sushi Series.
Learn how to make this popular sushi roll that is filled with fresh avocado, crab meat and Japanese mayo. Most versions of California Roll include crab and avocado. Although I prefer using real crab meat, if you don't have access to fresh seafood, imitation crab (a.k.a. surimi) will do in a pinch. You can cook California Roll using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of California Roll
- You need of ★For the sushi vinegar:.
- You need 5 tbsp of ★Vinegar.
- It’s 5 tbsp of ★Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ★Salt.
- Prepare 540 ml of Hot cooked white rice.
- Prepare 4 of sheets Nori seaweed.
- Prepare 1 of White sesame seeds.
- It’s 4 of leaves Red leaf lettuce.
- You need 4 of pieces Smoked salmon.
- It’s 1 of Avocado.
- Prepare 1 of pack Flying fish roe.
- Prepare 1 of Radish sprouts.
- Prepare 1 of Mayonnaise.
Grabbing both nori and the mat, roll the mat over the filling so the extra space at the bottom touches the other side. A California roll is a fresh take on traditional Japanese rice rolls. Filled with avocado, crab, and cucumber, it's fresh and crunchy and makes a filling meal. You can use real or imitation crab.
California Roll instructions
- Make the sushi vinegar by combining the vinegar, sugar, and salt in a bowl and heating in the microwave for about a minute. Mix with the cooked rice, which should be cooked on the firm side, using a little less water than usual, then cool..
- Lay a sheet of nori on the sushi mat. Cover this evenly with a thin layer of sushi rice, then sprinkle with a layer of sesame seeds. Cover with a sheet of cling film, then flip everything over (except for the mat)..
- Place the red leaf lettuce over the nori seaweed and then arrange the ingredients (such as smoked salmon, avocado, and radish sprouts) not in the center, but near the edge closest to you. Then roll!.
Cover a bamboo rolling mat with plastic wrap. Cut nori sheets in half crosswise. California roll is one of the most popular sushi recipes in the United States. It's a real Japanese sushi roll with sushi rice wrapped with nori (seaweed) and stuffed with cooked imitation crab meat (or real. The History of the California Roll.