California Rolls. A California roll or California maki is a makizushi sushi roll that is usually rolled inside-out, and containing cucumber, crab or imitation crab, and avocado. Sometimes crab salad is substituted for the crab stick, and often the outer layer of rice in an inside-out roll (uramaki). Most versions of California Roll include crab and avocado.
Learn how to make this popular sushi roll that is filled with fresh avocado, crab meat and Japanese mayo. Doing A Give Away (Free Sushi Knife!)- All you Have to do Is Subscribe, Like and comment saying done! How to make delicious California rolls. You can have California Rolls using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of California Rolls
- It’s 360 ml of Rice (for making sushi rice).
- You need 4 of sheets Nori seaweed.
- You need 8 of Imitation crab sticks.
- Prepare 1 of Avocado.
- You need 1 of Cucumber.
- You need 4 tbsp of Masago (you can mix it with mayonnaise).
- Prepare 70 ml of Sushi vinegar.
- You need 1 of White sesame seeds.
Grabbing both nori and the mat, roll the mat over the filling so the extra space at the bottom touches the other side. A California roll is a fresh take on traditional Japanese rice rolls. Filled with avocado, crab, and cucumber, it's fresh and crunchy and makes a filling meal. You can use real or imitation crab.
California Rolls instructions
- Cook the rice to a slightly harder firmness than usual to make sushi rice, then mix with the sushi vinegar. Cut the avocado in half vertically, then slice vertically into 16 slices..
- Put the nori on top of the sushi rolling mat, then top it with the rice and press down slightly. Sprinkle the white sesame seeds on top. Cover with plastic wrap and flip over..
- Put the avocado, cucumber, crab sticks, and masago on top of the nori. Wrap it up, including the plastic wrap, while pressing down with your hands..
- When slicing, cut through the plastic wrap. Finally, remove the plastic wrap and transfer to a plate..
California Rolls – American-Style Sushi Rolls. Making California Rolls at home is easy to do. I did a large amount of reading on how to make sushi rolls before attempting my first ones. The origin of the California roll is highly debatable. Some say it was invented in Los Angeles, while others claim it was actually invented in Canada.