California Rolls. A California roll or California maki is a makizushi sushi roll that is usually rolled inside-out, and containing cucumber, crab or imitation crab, and avocado. Sometimes crab salad is substituted for the crab stick, and often the outer layer of rice in an inside-out roll (uramaki). Most versions of California Roll include crab and avocado.
Learn how to make this popular sushi roll that is filled with fresh avocado, crab meat and Japanese mayo. Doing A Give Away (Free Sushi Knife!)- All you Have to do Is Subscribe, Like and comment saying done! How to make delicious California rolls. You can have California Rolls using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of California Rolls
- Prepare 450 grams of White rice.
- You need 4 tbsp of Vinegar mix) vinegar.
- You need 2 of level tablespoons Vinegar mix) sugar.
- It’s 2 of level teaspoons Vinegar mix) salt.
- You need 4 of sheets Nori (sheet of dried seaweed).
- Prepare 1 of Avocado.
- Prepare 12 of Imitation processed crab stick.
- It’s 2 of eggs worth Thick egg omelette.
- Prepare 4 of leaves Lettuce.
- Prepare 1 of Mayonnaise.
- You need 1 of White sesame seeds.
Grabbing both nori and the mat, roll the mat over the filling so the extra space at the bottom touches the other side. A California roll is a fresh take on traditional Japanese rice rolls. Filled with avocado, crab, and cucumber, it's fresh and crunchy and makes a filling meal. You can use real or imitation crab.
California Rolls step by step
- Place 1 sheet of nori seaweed on the surface and cover in a layer of sushi rice. Sprinkle sesame seeds over the rice and then cover with a layer of cling film..
- Flip everything over and cover 2/3 of the nori seaweed with another thin layer of sushi rice..
- Line the lettuce, omelette, avocado and crab sticks along the center of the rice as shown in the photograph and squeeze over some mayonnaise..
- Use the cling film to wrap the roll. First wrap one of the edges over the ingredients in the middle and secure in place tightly, then wrap the remaining roll around..
- Leave the cling film on as you cut and serve with the wrap still attached. If you do this, the rice won't stick to the plate and can be taken away easily..
California Rolls – American-Style Sushi Rolls. Making California Rolls at home is easy to do. I did a large amount of reading on how to make sushi rolls before attempting my first ones. The origin of the California roll is highly debatable. Some say it was invented in Los Angeles, while others claim it was actually invented in Canada.