Roll 'Em Up! California Rolls. Jack and Jack – Roll 'Em Up Behind the Scenes. The California Roll is one of the easiest sushi rolls to make and one of the most delicious to eat! Did you know California Roll or many creative-name sushi rolls are not from Japan?
It's a real Japanese sushi roll with sushi rice wrapped with nori In fact, this sushi roll was invented in California and not Japan, hence its name. In this post, you will learn the step-by-step picture guide on how to make sushi rolls. View the menu for Roll Em Up Taquitos and restaurants in Chino Hills, CA. You can cook Roll 'Em Up! California Rolls using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Roll 'Em Up! California Rolls
- Prepare 470 grams of ●Sushi rice.
- You need of ●Thick rolled omelet (tamagoyaki).
- It’s 4 of Eggs.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ※Dashi stock granules.
- You need 2 tbsp of ※Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ※Mirin.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ※Soy sauce.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ※Salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Mayonnaise.
- It’s of ●Other ingredients.
- Prepare 1/2 of Avocado.
- It’s 6 of Imitation crab sticks.
- Prepare 1 of Mayonnaise.
- Prepare 2 of sheets Toasted nori seaweed.
- It’s 1 of White sesame seeds.
See restaurant menus, reviews, hours, photos, maps and directions. Of all sushi rolls, California rolls are easily my favorite guilty pleasure. I love the combination of perfectly vinegared sushi rice, toasted seaweed, creamy avocado, crispy cucumber and imitation crab meat – all rolled up and lightly dipped in soy sauce. Cover a makisu (sushi rolling mat) with plastic wrap.
Roll 'Em Up! California Rolls instructions
- Make a thick tamagoyaki (rolled sweet-salty omelet): Add the ※ ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil, then chill the mixture..
- Break the eggs into a bowl, and add the mayonnaise, then mix well. Add the mixture from Step 1 and mix some more. Cook the omelet in a tamagoyaki pan..
- Slice the avocado, and cut the omelet into strips. You will start rolling the sushi after this, so prepare all the other ingredients..
- Place plastic wrap on a sushi mat and place a sheet of nori seaweed on top. Spread half of the sushi rice on the nori and flatten..
- Lift the the plastic wrap with the nori seaweed and rice on it with two hands, and flip it over..
- Place the tamagoyaki → mayonnaise → imitation crab sticks → mayonnaise → avocado → mayonnaise in that order, on the nori seaweed towards you..
- Roll it tight so there won't be any gaps. Even though there are a lot of ingredients inside, if you roll it slowly, you can make a nicely-shaped roll..
- When finished rolling, sprinkle with white sesame seeds, shape it gently, then it's done..
- It will be easier to cut if you let it chill in the fridge for a while..
Place half of a sheet of the seaweed over the plastic on the mat. Place a handful of rice across the seaweed and spread it evenly over the seaweed. "A California roll is a fresh take on traditional Japanese rice rolls. Repeat with remaining sheets of nori and filling. How the California roll originally got created. Transfer the roll onto a cutting board.