Salad Sushi (California Roll). This easy, yummy California roll salad is a great choice for anyone who loves California rolls, but doesn't have the patience or I created this yummy salad because I love sushi, but have neither the equipment nor the patience to make sushi rolls. For the best sushi rice, a rice cooker is a necessity. Now we are ready to roll the California roll.
California Rolls are a type of maki sushi (巻き寿司 – rolled sushi) made by rolling ingredients such as crab and avocado in nori and seasoned rice. Most versions of California Roll include crab and avocado. Although I prefer using real crab meat, if you don't have access to fresh seafood, imitation. You can have Salad Sushi (California Roll) using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Salad Sushi (California Roll)
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- You need 3 of Imitation crab sticks.
- You need 1/3 of Lettuce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Soup stock.
- You need 1 dash of Salt.
- It’s 1 of Mayonnaise.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sushi vinegar.
- Prepare 1 of rice bowls worth Hot cooked rice.
- You need 1 of Sushi nori seaweed.
- You need 1 of Vegetable oil.
The less intimidating, super easy version. California Rolls the Quick and Easy Way! How could you go wrong with deconstructed sushi piled high in a bowl (minus the raw fish in this version, so I guess many would say not real sushi but still sushi to me)? California roll is an easy sushi roll to make at home.
Salad Sushi (California Roll) step by step
- Combine freshly-cooked rice and sushi vinegar into a bowl. Use a spatula and mix in a cutting motion. Leave to cool..
- Break the egg into a bowl and beat, then add salt and soup stock and mix. Oil an egg frying pan and heat, then add half of the egg..
- When the egg is half-cooked roll it to the side nearest to you..
- Move the egg to the other end of the pan, then add the rest of the egg to the rest of the pan..
- When the egg is half-cooked again roll it up to the side nearest to you..
- After it cools cut it in half length-wise..
- Place your seaweed on a bamboo mat (smooth side facing up). Spread out the sushi rice you made in Step 1 onto the seaweed, leaving about 1/4 of the seaweed clean at the top..
- Place the crab stick, egg, and lettuce on top (cut any parts that are sticking out). Fill in the gaps with mayonnaise. Moisten with water the open seaweed part at the top. Roll it up into a wrap from the side nearest to you. Cut with a knife and you're done..
Learn how to make this popular sushi roll that is filled with fresh avocado, crab meat and Japanese So who invented California Roll? Apparently, it was the creation of an ingenious sushi chef named Hidekazu Tojo who moved from Japan to Canada. The California roll is one of the most favored sushi rolls and has been credited with popularizing sushi in the United States. California rolls are usually made inside-out – rice on the outside, nori (seaweed) on the inside – making them easier to eat. California roll is one of the most popular sushi recipes in the United States.