Easy and Sublime California Rolls. The California Roll is one of the easiest sushi rolls to make and one of the most delicious to eat! In this video I am making a California Roll with the. California Rolls are a type of maki sushi (巻き寿司 – rolled sushi) made by Where are California Rolls from?
The California roll is one of the most favored sushi rolls and has been credited with popularizing sushi in the United States. California rolls are usually made inside-out – rice on the outside, nori (seaweed) on the inside – making them easier to eat. The center is studded with crab meat or imitation crab. You can have Easy and Sublime California Rolls using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy and Sublime California Rolls
- Prepare 540 ml of Sushi rice.
- It’s 2 of sheets Nori seaweed.
- Prepare 1 of Avocado.
- You need 1 can of Canned tuna.
- You need 3 of Immitation crab sticks.
- It’s 1 of ♪ Sashimi fish filets (tuna, salmon etc.).
- It’s 1 of Mayonnaise, black pepper.
- You need 1 of Sesame seeds.
California roll is an easy sushi roll to make at home. Unlike nigiri sushi or other kinds of sushi rolls, California Roll does not include any raw fish. Easy homemade California roll with sushi rice, crab, avocado and seaweed. Learn how to make California rolls with the step-by-step picture guide.
Easy and Sublime California Rolls instructions
- Slice the avocado. Mix the crab with mayonnaise, and mix the canned tuna by seasoning it with black pepper and mayonnaise..
- Lay a sheet of plastic wrap over a sushi mat. Spread a layer of cooked sushi rice. Lay a sheet of nori seaweed on top. Try to layer so the rice is covered completely by the nori..
- Add your sushi fillings uniformly across the seaweed. Starting with the end closest to you, firmly roll the sushi..
- Be careful not to wrap the plastic into the sushi. To stop the sushi from sticking to the plastic, use a finger moistened with water to press the sushi together while rolling it firmly..
- Slice the sushi roll with a damp kitchen knife, making the end slices a bit wider than the middle slices. Wash the knife clean after every 1-2 slices..
- For a finishing touch, sprinkle the rice with sesame seeds. You can even wrap the finished roll with thinly sliced avocado to create a caterpillar roll..
California roll is one of the most popular sushi recipes in the United States. Most of the ingredients for California rolls are easy to find, but here are a few things that you might need to go to a Japanese California rolls are best made and eaten within an hour or two, before the rice dries out and the seaweed get soggy. If you like California sishi rolls you'll like this salad. Next time will try a bit of sake in the dressing. This recipe definitely tastes like a California Roll!!