Slow cooked duck w/ vegetable sushi rolls. The duck is stuffed with citrus, then slow cooked until the meat is falling off the bones and the skin perfectly crisped. A restaurant recipe that requires minimal effort Just tried this slow cook technique and the duck and the breast came out tender! So easy just leave it in the oven and wait till dinner time.
Slow-cooked duck for a variety of dishes. Remove the giblets from inside the duck and trim off any large pieces of fat that may be around the cavity opening, but do not discard the fat—duck fat is delicious especially for sauteing potatoes. Put it to one side to add to the pot later. You can have Slow cooked duck w/ vegetable sushi rolls using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow cooked duck w/ vegetable sushi rolls
- Prepare 2 of medium pak choi.
- You need 3 of spring onions.
- Prepare 40 g of ginger.
- It’s 3 of Garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 of chicken stock cube.
- You need 2 tbsp of hoisin sauce.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 4 of star anise.
- It’s 2 of duck legs.
- It’s 100 g of Arborio rice.
- It’s 2 of medium carrots.
- It’s 3 tbsp of mirin.
- Prepare 1 of lemon.
- You need 200 ml of boiled water.
- Prepare 2 sheets of nori.
- You need of Dried seaweed seasoning (use salt if you do not have it).
This delicious duck dish is fancy enough to impress your friends while equally simple enough to serve up as a family supper. Add the cooked sushi rice to a large bowl and the cooked black rice to a separate medium bowl. Use your fingers to hold the vegetables in place while you begin to roll the nori. Squeeze the bamboo mat around the roll as you go to ensure a tight sushi roll.
Slow cooked duck w/ vegetable sushi rolls step by step
- Cut the base root of the pak choi's off and add to a slow cooker. Keep the leaves and stalks to one side. Snap the spring onions in the middle, crush the garlic with the skin on, and slice the ginger (skins on). Add all to the slow cooker along with the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, 3 star anise, the boiled water and then crumble in the stock cube. Lay the duck legs on top and season with the seaweed or salt. Cover and cook for 6 hours..
- Later, add to a cup, 1 star anise, the mirin, salt and the juice of half the lemon. Give everything a good mix up..
- Peel the carrots and then using the peeler, slice it continually to create ribbons. Add this to a bowl. Then, take the pak choi leaves and stalks you put to one side, cut off the leaves and finely slice the stalks, then add to the bowl along with the carrot. Season with the seaweed (or salt) and then pour over the pickling marinade. Give everything a mix and put to one side..
- Add the rice to a pot of boiling water and boil on high for 10-15mins or until the rice becomes very sticky. Once ready drain as much of the water as you can..
- Lay the nori rough side up, on top of a piece of baking paper. Spread the rice across the top of the nori, leaving space at one end. Then layer over some of the pickled vegetables. Carefully roll the nori, using the paper to aid you, until you create your sushi roll..
- Shred the duck inside the slow cooker and give everything a mix. Then serve the duck. Slice the sushi rolls and serve alongside..
In this classic recipe, the tart citrus flavours cut through the richness of the duck. Carefully remove the duck from the slow cooker to a warm platter. Cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Discard the carrot from the cooking juices, then remove the excess fat from the top of. Slow cooked duck w/ vegetable sushi rolls Recipe by Steve Peach.