Crispy Tofu with Brown Sushi Rice and Seaweed. Learn the tricks to making amazing crispy tofu, without a ton of oil! This tofu is a fantastic addition to You could replace the eggs in my kale and coconut fried rice and Thai pineapple fried rice with Recipe adapted from my roasted Brussels sprouts and crispy baked tofu with honey-sesame glaze. Learn how to make the best Crispy Tofu with this easy and yummy recipe!
Crisp tofu bites are perched atop nori-flecked sushi rice for a comforting meal in a bowl. Skip the deep-fried calories that usually go along with this take-out favorite by roasting marinated tofu to crispy-on-the-outside. Press the tofu to drain excess moisture. You can cook Crispy Tofu with Brown Sushi Rice and Seaweed using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crispy Tofu with Brown Sushi Rice and Seaweed
- Prepare 1 block of tofu (drained).
- Prepare 1 splash of cooking oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of brown sushi rice.
- Prepare 2 cups of water.
- You need 1 splash of Mirin.
- It’s 1 splash of brown rice vinegar.
- You need 1 of sprinkle of Aonori Seaweed (or seaweed of your choice).
- You need 1 of sprinkle of Furikake.
- You need 1 pinch of shichimi Togarashi.
- It’s 1 splash of tamari or ponzu dressing.
- You need 1 of wedge of lime (optional).
If refrigerated, the pieces will lose their crispiness and become chewy. If you have leftover tofu, though I have a deep fondness for these no-longer-crispy tofu cubes and love their savory chew in a quick rice bowl or lunch salad. You'll find a million uses for this crispy tofu and fun ways to season it! A fast and easy way to prepare tofu on the stovetop that turns out crispy and delicious every single time!
Crispy Tofu with Brown Sushi Rice and Seaweed step by step
- Wash the sushi rice under running water. Add the rice to the pan and bring the water to the boil. Reduce heat, cover with a lid and simmer for 35 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow to steam for a further 10 minutes. If you feel that the water has absorbed, turn off the heat a little earlier rather than burn it to the bottom..
- Cut the drained tofu into cubes. Fry in a little oil, turning the cubes frequently, until they are crispy. Remove from the oil and place on kitchen paper..
- Season the sushi rice with a splash of mirin and rice wine vinegar..
- Place a portion of rice in your bowl. Top with the crispy tofu, a splash of ponzu and a sprinkle furikake, shichimi and seaweed. Enjoy :).
Crispy Peanut Tofu & Cauliflower Rice Stir-Fry. I just used regular rice, and added peppers, broccoli, Bok Choy and green onions. But I seem to run into the same problem with tofu I did when I made the easy vegan fried. I wanted extra crispy tofu, however, so I coated the pieces with a thin layer of cornstarch before Once the tofu is done cooking, the DELICIOUS fried rice comes together super quickly in the same skillet. Add rice to skillet and stir to incorporate.