My Sushi Rice Recipe. How to make sushi rice – the full recipe. Preparing the sushi rice might look complicated and pedantic at first, but as you go along with it you might notice that it's just like making ordinary rice, only with rice vinegar added to it, and a bit of Japanese method. Our sushi rice recipe is NOT based on using the "pre-washed" rice.
Homemade sushi rice recipe, simple instructions on how to make sushi rice with dashi kombu, sushi vinegar, sugar, and salt. Once you've mastered perfectly seasoned and fluffy sushi rice, your sushi tastes much better. This authentic sushi rice recipe is easy to make at home. You can cook My Sushi Rice Recipe using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of My Sushi Rice Recipe
- It’s 720 ml of Uncooked white rice.
- Prepare 100 ml of ☆Vinegar.
- It’s 20 grams of ☆Sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of ☆Salt.
- You need 1 dash of ☆ Konbu dashi stock granules.
Sushi rice is plain short-grain Japanese rice that has been steamed and flavored with vinegar, salt, and sugar. Perfect sushi rice consists of separate grains that are chewy—not mushy—and yet stick together, making it easy to form the rice into balls and rolls. Here is my recipe for the perfect sushi rice. You can eat this alone or roll into your favorite sushi roll with ingredients of choice.
My Sushi Rice Recipe step by step
- Cook 4 rice cooker cups of rice. Add a little less water than usual..
- Combine ☆ ingredients..
- Add the seasoning mixture from Step 2 into the freshly cooked rice. Mix in a cutting motion. Fan the rice as you mix..
- Once it has cooled down, the versatile sushi rice is ready to use for nori seaweed rolls, chirashizushi and other dishes..
I always use this rice recipe in my sushi rolls and everyone raves about them I HIGHLY recommend this recipe if you are making sushi! This basic sticky sushi rice recipe is easy to make in a rice cooker, Instant Pot, or on the stovetop. Perfect for making sushi, poke bowls, onigiri and more! Get ready, friends, because we're learning how to make sushi this week!! ♡. I've been looking forward to this series of posts for awhile now.