Let's Make Delicious Sushi Rice. Let the rice cool down for a few minutes until it reaches room temperature. "Perfect sushi starts with perfect rice. For that you will need a good recipe and some care. In this page you will find the instructions you need to make vinegared sushi rice at home." Make the Best sushi rice you've ever had – impress your friends and family, with our "Authentic" and "So Simple" Japanese sushi rice recipe !
I always use this rice recipe in my sushi rolls and everyone raves about them I HIGHLY recommend this recipe if you are making sushi! Sure, all rice is delicious, but sushi rice has one of the most pleasing textures in the world, which makes it the best, IMO. And the bright pop of vinegar and the sweetness from the Then, use the rice cooker's fluffing paddle to fluff the rice. You can cook Let's Make Delicious Sushi Rice using 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Let's Make Delicious Sushi Rice
- Prepare 540 ml of Uncooked white rice (3 rice cooker cups = 540 ml).
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Salt (natural salt).
- It’s 5 tbsp of Vinegar.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 5 of to 10 cm square piece Kombu for dashi stock.
Sushi rice should be made with short-grain white rice, which is clingy and remains tender at room temperature. Perfect sushi rice consists of separate grains that are chewy—not mushy—and yet stick together, making it easy to form the rice into balls and rolls. Before I made sushi for the first time, I didn't know that you had to make a special kind of rice. I used regular, long-grain rice and lets just say I was very disappointed.
Let's Make Delicious Sushi Rice step by step
- [I made 5 rice cooker cups worth this time] Pour in a little less water than usual to cook the rice. Add the kombu and leave the rice to soak for at least 30 minutes..
- Add the salt to the rice cooker and mix lightly. Use the "sushi rice" setting (or if your rice cooker doesn't have one, just use the regular setting) to cook the rice..
- Mix the vinegar and sugar together. ※Microwave just before adding it to the rice to about 40-50°C, and mix well to dissolve the sugar..
- When the rice is cooked, take out the kombu and invert the rice cooker bowl to take out the rice into a plastic container or bowl. Swirl in the warm sushi vinegar from Step 3, and quickly mix it into the rice in a cutting motion..
- Cover the container or bowl with a lid and leave for 7 minutes to steam and let the rice absorb the flavors. If the bowl doesn't have a lid, use a pot lid or a cutting board to cover..
- Remove the lid, and mix the rice using a cut-and-fold motion while fanning it to cool it down. (This will make the rice glossy)..
- If you are making chirashi sushi, mix the ingredients in while the rice is still warm. If you're making sushi rolls, let the rice cool down to about body temperature first..
- I made Western style chirashi sushi this time: https://cookpad.com/en/recipes/188384-western-style-chirashi-sushi-a-popular-school-lunch-item. The additional ingredients are easy so you can make this sushi anytime you like..
- This is the big plastic container my mother uses, that has seen many years of service. I borrowed it from her this time I made 5 rice cooker cups' worth of rice this time. Normally I make less, so I just use a regular bowl to mix the rice..
After doing some research and testing a few methods, I figured out how to make delicious restaurant-level sushi at home! Sushi rice, or rice dressed with a seasoned vinegar, is an essential component of a variety of sushi dishes. Transfer the freshly cooked hot rice to. Master the art of making sushi rice with this easy tutorial. Learn my secrets for making the best authentic Japanese sushi rice from scratch.