How To Make Sushi Rice for Chirashi Sushi. How to make sushi rice – the full recipe. Preparing the sushi rice might look complicated and pedantic at first, but as you go along with it you might notice that it's just like making ordinary rice, only with rice vinegar added to it, and a bit of Japanese method. Chirashi Sushi is served on happy occasions and at parties in Japan.
This video will show you how to make Chirashi Sushi (Chirashizushi), a kind of sushi dish with thinly sliced Sashimi raw fish placed over a bed of sushi rice. I also prefer making Chirashi when I have leftover sushi rice from the previous night of yummy sushi rolls dinner. Sushi is usually made with special Japanese white hulled sushi rice, commonly called sushi rice. You can have How To Make Sushi Rice for Chirashi Sushi using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of How To Make Sushi Rice for Chirashi Sushi
- You need 540 ml of Uncooked white rice.
- Prepare 600 ml of Water or kombu based dashi stock.
- You need of ★For the sushi vinegar:.
- It’s 66 ml of Vinegar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
It is a high quality If "Sushi Rice" is unavailable, the closest alternative is Dongbei rice (a strain native to North-east China whose natural environment resembles Japan's. To make the sushi rice, in a large bowl, add the rice and cover with lots of water. Distribute the toppings over the rice as desired. Traditionally sushi rice is used, and chirashi rice contains more rice vinegar than is used in sushi maki rolls and nigiri.
How To Make Sushi Rice for Chirashi Sushi step by step
- Rinse the rice 1 hour before cooking, and drain in a sieve. Cook the rice in an equal amount of water or konbu seaweed dashi stock..
- Make the sushi vinegar. Put the ★ ingredients in a small saucepan and heat up a bit and dissolve the sugar and salt. You can also just stir well until it dissolves without heating it up..
- Moisten the handai (wooden sushi rice tub) with water or vinegar. Put the freshly cooked rice in, drizzle on the sushi vinegar, and mix using a cut-and-fold motion. Cover the rice with a moistened and wrung out kitchen towel and leave for about a minute to allow the sushi vinegar to soak into the rice..
- Mix using a cut-and-fold motion while fanning the rice. Cool down to body temperature. Mix in the additional chirashi sushi ingredients at this point..
- Put the mixed rice into a large serving box (juubako). Decorate the top with kinshi tamago (shredded thin omelette), slices of kamaboko and snow peas. Your chirashi sushi is done..
The rice needs to be made When buying seafood, please buy sushi-quality fish at your local Asian market and make sure it is the freshest quality. You can even ask your non-Asian. Chirashi Sushi, also called "Scattered Sushi" is a very popular at home, convenient way of eating There really is no "set" recipe for chirashi sushi and the ingredients tend to vary regionally. So without further ado, let's learn how to make Chirashi sushi the best way. The way my mother use to.