Our Recipe For Sushi Rice. Mix together in a small pot, on medium heat "Perfect sushi starts with perfect rice. For that you will need a good recipe and some care. In this page you will find the instructions you need to make.
The reason being is that the water amounts and even the cooking settings on the fancy rice cookers have to take this into account because they do cook differently. Here is my recipe for the perfect sushi rice. You can eat this alone or roll into your favorite sushi roll with ingredients of choice. You can have Our Recipe For Sushi Rice using 6 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Our Recipe For Sushi Rice
- You need 1000 grams of Uncooked white rice.
- Prepare 5 cm of piece Kombu.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sake.
- It’s 7 tbsp of ★ Rice vinegar.
- It’s 5 tbsp of ★ Sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ★ Salt.
I use strips of carrots, cucumbers and slices of avocado. You can adjust the amount of vinegar in this recipe to suit your taste. This sticky sushi rice recipe is easy to make in a rice cooker, Instant Pot, or on the stovetop. Perfect for making sushi, poke bowls, onigiri and more!
Our Recipe For Sushi Rice step by step
- Rinse the rice, and leave to drain in a fine meshed sieve for about 30 minutes. Put the rice in the bowl of a rice cooker and add water up to the 'sushi rice' line (a bit less than the regular rice setting). Add the konbu seaweed and 1 tablespoon of sake..
- Cook the rice in the rice cooker, using the sushi rice setting if you have it..
- Combine the ★ ingredients for the sushi vinegar in a pan, and cook over low heat until the sugar and salt melt while stirring. Leave to cool..
- Moisten a handai (a wooden sushi rice container) with vinegar, and wipe with paper towels. If you don't have a handai, use a deep bowl..
- Let the rice rest for about 5 minutes after it finishes cooking, then empty it out into the handai or bowl, mounding it up high in the center. Swirl in the sushi vinegar..
- Leave for 1 to 2 minutes, then mix with a rice paddle or spatula using a cutting motion, trying not to knead the rice..
- When the sushi vinegar is evenly distributed, spread it out while fanning it with a fan to cool it rapidly..
- Cover the rice with a tightly wrung out paper towel to prevent the surface from drying out, until it has cooled down..
- Use the sushi rice to make chirashi sushi, maki sushi (sushi rolls), and oshi sushi (pressed sushi), hand rolls, or whatever you like..
- Seefor Eel Oshizushi (pressed sushi) using this sushi rice. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/170792-packed-eel-sushi.
- This is mackerel sushi using this sushi rice. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/170791-how-to-cook-glutenous-millet.
This post may contain affiliate links. This basic sticky sushi rice recipe is easy to. Homemade sushi rice recipe, simple instructions on how to make sushi rice with dashi kombu, sushi vinegar, sugar, and salt. In Japan, sushi rice means the steamed rice that's flavored with vinegar-based seasonings and we only use this vinegared rice when we make all kinds of sushi. The right Sushi Rice is the foundation for any good sushi roll.