Brad's ahi tuna nigiri. Big Island, Kona: Another MONSTER fish caught by Brad. Learn how to make Tuna Nigiri. Most often pan-seared, the rich, vibrant color and tantalizing steak-like consistency puts Ahi (or Yellowfin) in a class of its own.
This seared ahi tuna with crispy sesame green beans is a beautiful dinner meant to be shared. You don't have to spend all day cooking to make a gourmet meal. These beautiful Vegan 'Tuna' Nigiri were naturally the next step! 😉 Plus, they just fit perfectly within my plant-based sushi experimentation that resulted Back to these amazing Vegan 'Tuna' Nigiri! You can cook Brad's ahi tuna nigiri using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brad's ahi tuna nigiri
- You need 3/4 lb of sushi grade ahi tuna.
- Prepare 1 cup of dry short grain rice.
- Prepare 2 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of rice vinegar.
- Prepare of Siracha sauce.
- It’s of Wasabi.
- You need of Panko.
- It’s of Soy sauce.
Just do yourself a favor and try making fishy tomatoes/carrots once and then thank me later! 😀 Seriously. Ahi tuna is type of tuna that is divided into two different species: yellowfin and bigeye. And it's often cheaper than bluefin tuna, with a very similar flavor profile and texture. You can usually find it frozen at Trader Joe's or your local grocery store for very inexpensive.
Brad's ahi tuna nigiri step by step
- Cook rice in the water and vinegar. Do not pre rinse the rice..
- Place cooked rice in the fridge to cool..
- I buy the tuna frozen. That way I know how long it has been thawed. Thaw in cold water and refrigerate the entire process..
- Place 4 dots of siracha on a plate. Sprinkle panko on it. Run hands under water. Take small handfuls of rice and squeeze into shape.place on a plate..
- Slice tuna a quarter inch thick across the grain. Lay on top of rice..
- Serve with Wasabi and soy sauce for dipping. Eat immediately. Enjoy.
Comprehensive nutrition resource for Tokyo Joe's Maguro (Ahi Tuna) Nigiri. Nutritional Information, Diet Info and Calories in Maguro (Ahi Tuna) Nigiri from Tokyo Joe's. "So it's a little watery, but the thick, red piece of fish is tantalizing enough that even a Youkai would want to eat it!". Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted. Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more.