Chirashizushi (Scattered Sushi). Scattered Sushi (Chirashizushi) is often made for special occasions such as Dolls Festival and birthdays. This beautifully arranged sushi is the easiest of all the sushi dishes. This recipe for Japanese chirashizushi, known as scattered sushi, is served on plates or in bowls with colorful toppings.
This is sushi rice topped with assorted ingredients which have seasonal. "Chirashizushi" is known as scattered sushi and is served on plates or bowls with colorful toppings. It's often cooked for celebrating special occasions, such as festivals and birthdays. You can use your favorite sushi toppings. You can have Chirashizushi (Scattered Sushi) using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chirashizushi (Scattered Sushi)
- Prepare 4 cups of vinegared sushi rice → https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/250450-vinegared-sushi-rice.
- You need 2 of shiitake mushrooms (soak them in water for more than 1 hour.).
- You need 1/2 of carrot (peel and cut into thin sticks).
- Prepare 1 of abura-age (deep-fried tofu).
- It’s 2 of eggs for kinshi-tamago (shredded thin omelette for topping).
- It’s 1 bunch of spinach (trimmed and blanched in boiling water and cut into 3 cm for topping).
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of red pickled ginger (for topping).
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of toasted sesame seeds.
- Prepare 280 ml of dashi (use the soaking liquid from shiitake mushrooms) *.
- It’s 40 ml of soy sauce *.
- You need 40 ml of mirin *.
- It’s 30-40 g of sugar, to taste *.
This plant-based Chirashizushi(ちらし寿司, literally "scattered sushi") has seasoned vegetables and mushrooms mixed into sushi rice, before being covered in vibrant snap peas, marinated peppers. If you love sushi and sashimi but find making the rolls too fiddly, this scattered sushi bowl recipe is an easy way to enjoy the flavours and textures of regular sushi. Chirashizushi. (Scattered Sushi, Chirashi Sushi, ちらし寿司, Chirashi). Chirashizushi is one of the most common sushi varieties prepared in Japanese households.
Chirashizushi (Scattered Sushi) step by step
- Remove stems of shiitake mushrooms and slice thinly. Cut aburaage into short strips..
- Put shiitake mushrooms, carrot, abura-age, and the * ingredients and bring to a simmer over medium heat, then lower the heat, and continue to simmer until the liquid is almost gone. Let them cool..
- Put vinegared sushi rice, simmered vegetables into a (wooden sushi) bowl and mix together..
- Top with kinshi-tamago, pickled ginger, spinach, sesame to finish..
Chirashizushi is known as 'scattered' sushi and is served with a variety colourful toppings and raw seafood on a bed of seasoned rice. Serve sushi rice on a large plate or individual bowls. Chirashizushi or scattered sushi, because of the way it is presented. This type of sushi is served in bowl piled with sushi rice and cover with scattered toppings such as sashimi. Chirashizushi is the simplest, homiest, and most varied form of sushi.