Vegan Crispy Tofu Sushi Rolls. In this crispy tofu sushi burrito I use vegan chipotle mayonnaise and a touch of cayenne to bring in a little smoke and subtle spice. The second trick is to inject as much flavour in to the roll as you can. Unlike traditional sushi, dipping a burrito in to a bowl of soy sauce can be problematic.
They are light, healthy and easy to make! This was my first time making sushi rolls and I really enjoyed putting them together, so much so that I enjoyed three of these rolls all to myself. This Vegan Kimbap features crispy fried tofu with seasoned and fresh vegetables! You can have Vegan Crispy Tofu Sushi Rolls using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan Crispy Tofu Sushi Rolls
- You need of Firm tofu.
- It’s 1 C of Sushi rice.
- Prepare 1 C of Corn starch.
- You need of Vegan chicken seasoning.
- Prepare of UMAMI mushroom seasoning.
- You need 2 of Nori sheets.
- It’s of Pickled Shredded red cabbage.
- You need of Pickled carrots and apples.
- Prepare of Soy sauce (shoyu sauce).
- It’s of Mirin (rice wine vinegar).
- It’s of Sesame oil.
- It’s of Sesame seeds (optional).
- You need of Panko bread crumbs.
- Prepare of Oat milk.
- It’s of Sugar and Salt.
Make delicious homemade kimbap with this easy to follow recipe. Japanese sushi rice is seasoned with sushi seasoning (vinegar), Kimbap is seasoned with sesame oil and a bit of salt. Crispy tofu inside vegan spring rolls. [Photographs: J. The real key to these great spring rolls is to balance the textures and flavors of the ingredients inside the soft, stretchy rice paper wrapper.
Vegan Crispy Tofu Sushi Rolls instructions
- Drain and pat dry the firm tofu. Cut it in half. You dont need all of it unless you plan to make a lot of sushi. Cut length wise and not too thick..
- Place 1 cup of corn starch in a bowl. Season it with the vegan chicken seasoning and mushroom seasoning. [You can use whatever seasoning you want] mix well!.
- Cover the tofu in the cornstarch mix. In two bowls place the oat milk and bread crumbs. Dip the cornstarch tofu in the oat milk first and then in the breadcrumbs covering it completely and shaking off excess. Once you have done all of the tofu set aside and start heating up oil..
- In the mean time cook sushi rice per instruction in either a rice cooker or pot. I did a pot because I didnt want to deal with rice cooker (it was quicker too).
- Once oil is hot enough, fry those little suckers!.
- Once everything is cooked time to assemble. But first, place the warm rice in a shallow bowl and season it with 1 tbsp of rice vinegar, 1 tbsp of sesame oil and 1/2 tsp of sugar and salt. Mix well..
- Grab the nori sheets and place one on the sushi mat. I use wax paper on the mat to help it not stick. Press rice into the sheet pressing firmly but gently. Rice should stick easily if it's a bit warm..
- Start assembling your ingredients, and ROLL carefully..
Crispy tofu is the main vegan protein in these spring roll bowls. A light coating of arrowroot or corn starch makes a big difference when it comes to crispiness. Vegan Sushi Rolls Recipe (Sushi Chay). We like sushi, but we couldn't handle the raw sushi. Everything has to be cooked or smoked.