Inarizushi (sushi rice in seasoned Aburaage). Sushi rice is stuffed in seasoned Aburaage tofu pouches. Inarizushi is technically sushi, but it is not something you order at nice sushi restaurants. It is easily found at supermarket delis, but, as you know, home made is the best.
Place a handful flavored sushi rice into an aburaage, shape and seal. How to Make Inari Sushi (Inarizushi Recipe) Tofu Pouch Filled with Sushi Rice Inari Sushi is sushi rice in a pouch made of seasoned aburaage (deep fried thin tofu). You can cook Inarizushi (sushi rice in seasoned Aburaage) using 3 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Inarizushi (sushi rice in seasoned Aburaage)
- Prepare 350 g of Cooked sushi rice.
- It’s 2-3 tbsp of Sushinoko powder.
- Prepare 10 of Aburaage (seasoned fried tofu curd).
The most common traditional Inarizushi is a very simple rice dish that is basically the oval-shaped or triangle-shaped sushi rice ball wrapped in a seasoned aburaage (deep-fried thin tofu). Inari Sushi (稲荷寿司, いなり寿司), or Inarizushi, is made of sushi rice that is stuffed inside seasoned deep-fried tofu pockets called Inari Age. It is said that foxes are the messengers of the Inari god and it's believed that they like aburaage. Eventually, newly harvested rice was added as a filling to the.
Inarizushi (sushi rice in seasoned Aburaage) instructions
- Add Sushinoko powder to cooked sushi rice while still warm. Mix well so rice is evenly flavored. Cool it to room temperature..
- Place a handful flavored sushi rice into an aburaage, shape and seal..
- FYI – flavored aburaage can be purchased at Japanese supermarkets. You can also flavor them on your own (recipe coming up soon!).
- I personally like adding black sesame seed to flavored sushi rice. Just a nice touch. (1 tbsp or so).
Four years ago I posted a very basic recipe for inarizushi, homely sushi that is stuffed into a fried tofu skin or aburaage. It's been one of the most popular articles here on Just Hungry ever since. That only gave instructions for stuffing pre-made (canned or vacuum packed) skins. Inari sushi (いなり寿司) is a popular Japanese dish consisting of sushi rice stuffed in seasoned deep fried bean curd pockets (aburaage or inari age). Inarizushi No Moto (Canned Bean Curd Pockets).