Easy California Roll. California rolls are usually made inside-out – rice on the outside, nori (seaweed) on the inside – making them easier to eat. There is some debate as to where the California roll was invented. These meals will make your weeknights way simpler. (And tastier!) This easy, yummy California roll salad is a great choice for anyone who loves California rolls, but doesn't have the patience or the equipment to make their own.
A California roll is a creative American twist on sushi. This page will describe the California Uramaki. Uramaki has nori or seaweed on the inside and the rice on the outside, as opposed to a. You can have Easy California Roll using 7 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy California Roll
- Prepare 1 packages of Imitation Crab sticks.
- Prepare 1 packages of Nori (dried seaweed paper).
- It’s 1 of each cucumber.
- Prepare 1 of each Avocado.
- It’s of Sesame seed.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Sushi rice.
- You need 2 cup of water.
Most versions of California Roll include crab and avocado. Although I prefer using real crab meat, if you don't have access to fresh seafood, imitation crab (a.k.a. surimi) will do in a pinch. Cover a bamboo rolling mat with plastic wrap. Cut nori sheets in half crosswise.
Easy California Roll instructions
- Add rice to water in pot and bring to soft boil. Cover and reduce to low for 20 minutes.
- Peel cucumber and slice into 1/2 inch sticks.
- Cut avocado in half (careful of seed) and "spoon" out then cut halves into 1/4 inch slices.
- Prepare workstation with bamboo mat or a towel with wax paper.
- If the rice still cooking you can search some Youtube videos on how to roll sushi to get a better explanation.
- Once rice is done, take a piece of nori and place it on bamboo mat or wax paper shiny side down and smear rice over 3/4 of the nori.
- Sprinkle some sesame seed over 1/2 of the rice opposite of the exposed nori.
- Flip the nori over so that all the rice is opposite of you, in other words the nori without rice is towards you, and place one piece of cucumber, some crab sticks to fit end to end, and about 3-4 pieces of avocado.
- Start to roll sushi pressing firmly and peeling back bamboo mat until rolled, at the end give a good press on the sushi.
- Using a sharp knife slice the sushi into 8 pieces.
- Another variant would be after adding the rice to nori, instead of flipping the nori over just place the filling right on the rice and roll. This version has the seaweed on the outside and the rice on the inside.
- The sauce pictured is a small blend of mayonnaise, sriracha, and cayenne powder squeezed through the corner of a zip lock bag.
California roll is an easy sushi roll to make at home. Learn how to make this popular sushi roll that is filled with fresh avocado, crab meat and Japanese mayo. Most of the ingredients for California rolls are easy to find, but here are a few things that you might need to go to a California Roll. This classic California Roll is rolled with crab, cucumbers, avocado and brown rice to make Sushi is SO easy to make at home and fun too! I am always thinking about new rolls to make at home and my.