Temaki (Self-Serve) Rice Paper Rolls. Making authentic sushi at home is all in the rice making process. With just a little bit of patience, you can feel like a sushi master at home, with your. Temaki sushi literally translates to hand ("te") rolled ("maki") sushi.
Remove wrap, slice on the bias and serve on top of extra salad. Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls are packed with bright, fresh flavours and served with an insanely addictive Vietnamese Peanut Dipping Sauce that takes a minute to make. Boil them in dashi stock instead of salted water. You can have Temaki (Self-Serve) Rice Paper Rolls using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Temaki (Self-Serve) Rice Paper Rolls
- You need of Dry Rice Paper.
- Prepare of Warm to Hot Water.
- It’s of Dipping Sauce of your choice *Today I used Hoisin Sauce. Find more Dipping Sauces here.
- You need of Filling.
- It’s of Rice Vermicelli *cooked as instructed.
- You need of Vegetables *e.g. Lettuce, Cucumber, Carrot, Daikon, Mint, etc.
- You need 500 g of Beef Steak *at room temperature, thinly sliced.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Oil.
- You need of Yakiniku Sauce of your choice *OR use the sauce below.
- Prepare of Sauce for Beef.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Toasted Sesame Seeds *lightly ground.
- Prepare 1 of small piece Ginger *grated.
- It’s 1 clove of Garlic *grated.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Sugar.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Soy Sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of Fish Sauce *OR extra Soy Sauce.
How to Roll a Temaki Sushi Handroll. Temaki Sushi (手巻き寿司) is an easy hand-rolled sushi that you can fill with your favorite ingredients. As the name implies Temaki Sushi is rolled by hand, so there's no need for any special equipment like a sushi mat. Just add some sushi rice to a sheet of nori, pile on your favorite fillings.
Temaki (Self-Serve) Rice Paper Rolls step by step
- Prepare the Fillings. Slice all Vegetables into thin strips. Cook Rice Vermicelli as instructed, rinse under cold water, then Drain well. *Note: Sprinkle with some Sesame Oil to stop the noodles stick together..
- Heat Oil in a frying pan over high heat, cook thinly sliced Beef, and season with Yakiniku Sauce..
- Arrange all the fillings on a serving plate. Each guest should have their own plate that is larger than Rice Paper. Serve warm to hot Water in a bowl that is large enough to dip Rice Paper..
- *Note: The Water should be hot enough, but not too hot as you need to safely dip your fingers..
- When you eat, everyone dips a Rice Paper in the water, then place it on their own plate. Rice Paper will quickly become soft while they are placing fillings on it. Then everyone rolls up their roll and enjoy with/without Dipping Sauce..
Temaki, or hand rolls are the quickest, dirtiest way to get sushi from pantry to gullet. They don't require any special tools to make, or even any utensils to eat. Add your stuffing to the roll, placing it in the indentation in the rice. Although hand rolls can take a bit more abuse than other types of sushi, do try. Easy Vietnamese rice paper rolls recipe (Summer rolls) served with peanut sauce and Nuoc Cham.